PAINT or WAIT ?
I into my 3nd year owning a 2003 30 ft Mainship PII. it's a very nice boat that has been well maintained. When surveyed, I was told paint was in "good" condition...I'd get couple seasons before bottom job was required. Diver recently reported paint was OK...almost ready for new paint...some primer showing in spot on the bow...if taking a Catalina trip...call for a cleaning to save some gas money (effectiveness of paint reduced).
I recently won a free haulout at boat show (valued at ~$300) and am thinking about going for new bottom job now rather than waiting. Boat yard quoted
~$1200 (minus 300 for winning raffle). Any thoughts about "now or later"?
Thoughts about work in addition to bottom job also appreciated ! Bottom job includes 2 coats on hull, 3 on waterline...all underwater "rigging" (sandshow, trim tabs, prop) cleaned/ painted. I was thinking of inquiring about thru hulls (maintenance/lube or replace). Maybe new impeller on water pump....not sure it's ever been replaced...engine has ~750 hours.
Thanks in advance for taking time to read and comment !!!