Need windshield gasket replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwstage

Vessel Name
Betty Gail
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello All,

I've been a reader of this Forum for about 9 months but this is my first post.

I have a leak at the base of my port windshield. It appears that the black gasket that holds the glass in the frame has shrunk and pulled away from the lower inboard corner. That has left a rather large gap, > 1/4", between the gasket and the metal frame. Upon recommendation by another boater, I tried filling the gap with Lexel elastic sealant which seemed to work for a couple of months but it has now deteriorated and the leak returned. I will try another sealant as a temporary fix but would like to do a proper fix by replacing the entire gasket.

Does anyone have a part number or know a source for the port windshield gasket on a 2006 Mainship 400?

Thanks all,
Roger
m/v Betty Gail

Try an auto glass guy. I had the same issue on my stb windshield. I had a guy come out, he said that gasket is decorative. He pulled it out, resealed the glass and then heated up the gasket and pressed it back in place. Looks perfect and does not leak. $150 job.

Hope that helps.

Doug

Welcome aboard. Taylormade does windshield repairs and refurbishment. Not sure if they can help you or not.

I just replaced all the window gaskets on my 2007 Mainship Pilot 430. I would expect them to be the same. It was $5.75 per foot for the material and I had a local window company install it. Contact Nancy Cepeda at Ocean Dynamics, she was extremely helpful. Taylor made was the original supplier but they could not get the replacement material. I had to send a small section to Nancy and they matched it perfectly.

Director of Customer Service

Ocean Dynamics USA

Your Windows to the World at Sea

18377 N.E. 4th Court

Miami, F.L. 33179

Phone: (305)770-1800

Fax: (305)770-0605

ocean@oceandynamics.com

www.oceandynamics.com

Thanks evetyone. I'll give Ocean Dynamics a call.

Back
Top Bottom