MS 350-390 electics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainshiptom

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Naphy III
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
HI guys

I have a separate battery for my generator which also has a separate battery charger , there are three cables that have been disconnected Red yellow and purple are those cables for checking on battery levels for control panel?

HI guys

I have a separate battery for my generator which also has a separate battery charger , there are three cables that have been disconnected Red yellow and purple are those cables for checking on battery levels for control panel?
We don't have a charger for the generator battery But I can see the voltage on the Panel under group 3 I carry Booster cables and a spare battery, and replaced the battery when we bought the boat, Not to much of a worry as it charges when running.

I'm not familiar with the 350/390 but assuming yours has a gen batty on/of Sw like mine has / had (right side on pic - Left side in start/house batty Sw)

If so one improvement I did as suggested by another TF MS owner was to replace the on/off with a 1-2-all-off Sw with same foot print, cut-out and bolt pattern. By connecting my start (also house in my case) batty to #2 and the existing gen batty to #1 I have ability to cross connect in emergency, switch my shore charger (which now only charges start/house bank 1, bank 2 and my thruster batty bank) to also charge my gen batty and connect the gen batty to help start main in an emergency.
Sort of like having jumper cables with the throw of the switch. Fortunately I haven't needed it for emergencies but will periodically switch to top off the gten batty if I haven't used it for some time.

More info on the other charging mods I made at the same time is available if interested. (Basically eliminated 2 diode isolators MS installed in the alternator and shore power charging circuits)

Attachments

• Elec Batty Sw Panel.jpg
    Elec Batty Sw Panel.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom