Mattress linens for 2004 MS 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Retriever

Vessel Name
Bay Retriever
Vessel Make
2004 Mainship 400
I am hoping someone knows where to purchase fitted sheets for the 6” mattresses on my 2004 MS 400.
Measured guest cabin berths at:
Outside Berth-28” wide by 78” long
Inside Berth-28” wide by 72” long.
Master cabin has an irregular mattress, reportedly almost a queen. There is also a 2” foam topper. IMG_3888.jpg

T MacDonnell
Bay Retriever
2004 MS 400

We make our own out a some nice set of sheets that are big enough. It isn’t too difficult to do.

We make our own out a some nice set of sheets that are big enough. It isn’t too difficult to do.
Same here it's not all that hard if you have a sewing machine or know someone that will do a little stitching for you.
If interested I will outline the steps and provide a sketch.

Get some brown paper, make a template of the top add in the thickness of the mattress, send them to person with a sewing machine, they should be able to create the bottom fitted sheet for you. Start with king size sheet.
I had 2 sets made for my bed. I shortened the pillow cases to fit the standard pillows.
Perhaps the MS forum here can direct you to a source of the sheets too.

We just use a regular, off the shelf, queen fitted sheet and tuck the extra under the mattress. It works fine.

For the guest cabins we use a twin sized flat sheet and tuck it under. Another flat twin sheet on top.

Last edited:
We just use a regular, off the shelf, queen fitted sheet and tuck the extra under the mattress. It works fine.

For the guest cabins we use a twin sized flat sheet and tuck it under. Another flat twin sheet on top.

I tried that “tuck them under” method, on my N46. I got tired of re-tucking and for the price of creating a fitted bottom sheet, that was one less problems and well worth the money. 2 sets of sheets and pillow cases. IF you insist on washing sheets onboard, one sheet and 2 pillow cases max. It will take what seems to be forever to dry them. It helps if after 2 hours of drying, take them out, shake them out and put them back in for another 2 hours. (Configure the washer/dryer to dryer only)

While you are spending a few dollars on the sheets, spend a few more dollars on a fitted mattress cover too.

There are also adjustable elastic “suspenders” with clips at each end but that entailed lifting the mattress when changing the sheets, to retrieve them and the suspenders only held the sheets tight where the sheets where clipped. Based on my experience, those suspenders are a waste of money.

Last edited:
I have a 2004 MS400. We purchase our sheets from yachtbedding.com. They have our pattern.

They do not have a pattern for the guest cabin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom