Marlow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seriously looked at a Back Cove and a Sabre as well as a Vicem, great boats with speed and comfort. then I estimated the engine maintenance annually, looked at the nice wood soles, looked at the brightwork and high gloss finish and though about my grandkids coming aboard, and then I wondered if I wanted to spend my time with varnish and wood upkeep and worry or just go boating. I am keeping the Mainship.

If I had tons of money to pay for continuous maintenance by high-class yards I'd get a fancier boat. maybe. :)

good luck searching, and enjoy looking at boats. my wife loves it too.

I also love my MS400 but given the current offerings in the market can't see any upgrade path. I'd like something sub-50 foot... a little bigger and a little faster than what I have. Anything that catches my eye is in the million dollar range. The space previously filled by mainship is completely empty. Grandbanks has gone the other way - bigger and even more expensive than before. Swift trawler has a nice look, but the interiors, imho, are terrible compared to the Mainship layout. What else is there? I'd love to hear from MS400 owners what they think of as their "next" boat. I've come up pretty empty. Completely different style, but the new Tiara flybridge boats are nice, but priced in the stratosphere. I rafted up with a Prestige 50 the other day and it was pretty nice and more affordable than most. I pretty much feel like I've been priced out of the market moving forward. Thankfully I love my boat! I did contact Marlow several times over the last couple of years. Initially I was told that they would be building something in the 45 flybridge range but that was just someone telling me what I wanted to hear.

Mainship did build a few 43' trawlers ( LOA almost 48') right before they went under. They had twin 440 or 540 hp diesels and started at around 500k. Not sure how many they sold but they looked really nice on paper.

https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/boat-tests/mainship-43-trawler-0

I think they bought Mainship for the production space to further expand their Marlow brand. Purchased their hard assets and had no desire to stay in the same 30-40 foot field with cheaper and better quality foreign competition.

I think they bought Mainship for the production space to further expand their Marlow brand. Purchased their hard assets and had no desire to stay in the same 30-40 foot field with cheaper and better quality foreign competition.

Actually, their primary interest was the Hunter sailboat line. They don't produce any of the Marlow brand in the US.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom