Mainship Pilot 30 II condensation issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharliePatten

I am getting an extreme amount of condensation under the fold-out mattress compartment where the AC unit, Hot Water tank, and Bow Thruster is located, due to the inside hull exposure to the cold sea water. It's causing mildew to develop on the mattress. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to solve it?

Common problem in your area. Hull skin can be colder than the dewpoint of the air in the boat. Result: condensation.

Here in NC we have a little of that issue depending on time of year, fixed it with a Home Depot $200 dehumidifier. Problem solved. Probably your best fix, too.

Another possible solution is to put a layer of Froli springs underneath the mattress. These are made of plastic and elevate the mattress a bit allowing air circulation underneath. Makes the mattress nicer to lay on as well.

See: Froli Sleep Systems by Nickle Atlantic, LLC

David

Charlie,
I'm assuming you have the 2003 or later model when you say folding bed. If so Try leaving the bed in the up position with the struts fully extended when not under power. It may help the air flow?
Jeff.

I would do what is done in the shipping industry - either paint the inside surfaces with special coatings they use, or add a layer of insulation material using the kind of attachment devices that Sounddown sells for their noise insulating material.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom