Mainship Owners Rendezvous on Chesapeake Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garmstro55

Vessel Name
Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Make
Mainship 400

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 48
Mid-Pandemic is a great time to plan a rendezvous.

We've gone out every weekend this Summer. It's one thing to enjoy boating.

It's another to take unnecessary risks. Can't say planning for shared food and socializing with strangers is a risk worth taking right now. I get it, we all want to, but tens of thousands of people dead says maybe now isn't quite the right time.

You can stay home if you want to. I plan on using my boat.

I live on my boat and we go out every chance we get. If the weather allows, we will be anchored somewhere. How is that related to whether an organized rendezvous of strangers is a good idea or not???

Well if something does occur at least there will be a sign up sheet to help out the contact tracers.

I am very happy to see a Mainship rendezvous taking place.

We used to have lots of raftups and rendezvous back in the 90s and early2000s. I modeled the NE Mainship group after the Chesapeake group.
Monthly meeting off season, raftups in the summer.
I was even fortunate enough to attend a few of the Corporate sponsored rendezvous. They were a lot of fun.
Kudos, keep them going.

(not addressing Covid in this post, not my place)

I wish we could make it. We’re actually looking for a place to rendezvous the first week of August. Any ideas would be welcome.

Ideally, it would be somewhere closer to Virginia. Our home port is in the Mobjack Bay, Severn Yachting Center. It would be even better if there was a nice hotel or B&B close by so our adult kids age 31/27 could visit.

We use our boat, but I would not even consider going to a rendezvous this summer. No reason to take the risk of bringing the virus home. No reason.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom