Mainship History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
Anyone with Mainship History files / info feel free to add them here.
I'm moving a couple files from the MS Yahoo site here to start things off.

Attachments

• Mainship History 34 Sedan Trawler & Others.pdf
    294.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Mainship Mfg 2007.pdf
    765.3 KB · Views: 158
the Mainship 34 I II III, 36 and 40 Nantuckets and the 390 were designed by John Cherubini. There is a little more info on Cherubiniyachts.com
Cherubini is now owned by John's nephew Dave. There are several Cherubinis that work at Riverside Marina in NJ next door to the Cherubini factory.
John

Anyone with Mainship History files / info feel free to add them here.
I'm moving a couple files from the MS Yahoo site here to start things off.

How about uploading them to the Library section of this forum. Click on the upper right icon on each page to get there.

David

David
I tried that and got an upload limit error message.
I think it's a user limit vs a file size as the files are fairly small <800kB.
I have PM admin trying to get the limit raised and will try again if/when successful.
I was able to load the smaller of the 2 as it was really small.

Actually I was hoping that the thread would attract others with more MS info to share.

Mainship Advertisements - late 70's, early 80's

Here are some brochures I have - late 70's, early 80's vintage.

Gotta love the clothes, and the hats!

Attachments

• Mainship-Brochure a.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
  • Mainship34-Cruiser.pdf
    432 KB · Views: 51
  • Mainship-Booklet.pdf
    889 KB · Views: 67
If you look that post was from 2019 and was the end of Yahoo forums.
They had been going down hill prior but that was when they finally pulled everything that was online as an "archived" file.
Fortunately TF had recognized the need / opportunity and created the TF Library function which made a perfect place to post & search for worthwhile " reference material" files.
In the case of Mainship owners, Marlow Yachts provided no notice when they pulled down a treasure trove of legacy MS files that included searchable BOMs, electrical schematics, part pictures with part #s & source info. When contacted (multiple times) to see if they could be retrieved and taken over by someone and posted on another server, they ignored the contact and wouldn't even respond.

It was only through the help of a diligent MS owner that had download the MS, Luhrs, Hunter part pic files, that I was able to post them here and on my Bacchus website. If Marlow had cooperated we could still have had that wealth of info available to the many MS owners.
The only conclusion I could come up with is Marlow had no, none, zero, interest in helping MS owners in any way. They bought (likely stole) the MS name and thatvwas their sole interest. I dont know if they used any of the MS molds?

Last edited:
I owned a 1978 Mainship 1 for 14 years and was one of the yahoo forum moderators.
I saved some files but not sure what I still have. A lot of it was on cd and I may have tossed those as I don’t have a cd drive in my laptop.
Over the next month or 2 I’ll go thru everything I still have that seems pertinent and make it available if it’s not already in the library here.
I’ll work thru Baccus as he seems to be the focal person now and I believe he’s also a moderator that can post to the library.

Anyone can post to the TF Library.
At times, it requires a mod to approve a post but that's not an issue... if it's helpful we will approve postings.

Does anyone know how many 43' pilots were made? I have a 2007 Pilot 430 and was told it was hull #2 of the pilots and the first one built with the pre-fab interior. #1 interior was built in place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom