Mainship gear shift cable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slasher

Vessel Name
The Bens
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 390
I reside in Sydney Australia and own a 2003 Mainship 390. I am having trouble with the fly bridge gear shift cable. I am informed that the current cable is not the correct one which is causing the problem. Can anyone assist with the correct specs for such a cable from fly bridge to gearbox.

Thankyou in advance.:thumb:

I reside in Sydney Australia and own a 2003 Mainship 390. I am having trouble with the fly bridge gear shift cable. I am informed that the current cable is not the correct one which is causing the problem. Can anyone assist with the correct specs for such a cable from fly bridge to gearbox.

Thankyou in advance.:thumb:

Join the Mainship Group on Yahoo and ask this question. You will get an answer there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mainship/

Probably 33c cable in whatever length would do it. Just save each end for swap over. Unless I'm way off base and Mainship had some proprietary cable.
Usually production boatbuilders would use off the shelf products. Without more info, thats my guess. You can tell me to shut up any time.

On my 390, the upper helm cables attach to the lower helm, then to the motors.

Nothing special about them, stock Teleflex.

To replace, use old cable to pull new cable. Still may get hung up and require pulling stbd side window

Aussie Mainship

Thankyou for the advise.

Slasher

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom