Mainship Engine Room/Bilge Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heap

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Mainship 400
I have four engine room lights that have two pin halogen bulbs that are huge watt suckers. Two of them are burned out. Has anyone replaced these bulbs? With the original halogen? With LEDs?

I replaced mine with LED. They have worked fine for 4 years now. The only issue I have is that the LED bulbs are bigger and tend to slowly work their way out. Mine hang vertically. Maybe once a year I have to push them back up. I have considered putting a little superglue on one of the pins to help hold it in place, but it's really a non issue. Mine were power with 12v. I have replaced other MH with LED's. My boat has numerous 110v headliner lights. I had to replace the driver/transformers for these. I've had to replace the drivers because I went cheap. They lasted several months and then the lights started going out intermittently.

I replaced my ER / Bilge lights with LEDs in my Pilot 34. Found them on Amazon.
Ukey U GY6.35 LED, led Halogen Replacement 5W Bi-pin Base 12V AC/DC 2700K Warm White Dimmable,led Landscape Light Bulbs 50W Replacement 5Pack

replaced mine with LEDs.Amps went from 12 amps to less than 1 amp!

LEDs are available inbG4 base (2 pins),which is what my MS ER & interior lights were. Several different disc sizes, lumen ans color/ temps available. Very happy as amp draw in ER went from about 20A to 2-3A

If it's an 40T, don't forget that there is a 5th light in the generator area. The part number for the LED bulbs I used is no longer available, but I can definately say that changing to LED for those lights is a good move - especially if you end up having to change the fresh water pump at 2AM. The original bulb right next to it throws out a LOT of heat! That turned into a sweaty job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom