Old 09-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #1

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
Mainship 40 Watermaker Thru-Hull Location

Hello,

We are having our 2006 Mainship 40 hauled next week and I was considering having a thru hull ball valve installed for a future watermaker project.

Has anybody who has a similar year model had a watermaker installed and if so can you provide the location of the input thru hull and maybe even other components such as pump, membrane etc.

Thanks in advance for you time .

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200425_190232.jpg  
jefndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Many/most boats have a sea water wash down with a dedicated through hull OEM installed.

I removed the sea water wash down system and re-used that through hull for my watermaker.

I then tied the old seawater wash down plumbing into the potable water system so that the old wash down faucets are now potable water.

Except for anchor washing there is little reason to have a salt water washdown on a boat if you have a never ending supply of potable water. It is nice to be able to spray the salt off the windows for example after a voyage.
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #3
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
I think it depends somewhat on where you plan to mount the watermaker. The washdown through hull came from the factory in the ER, forward, port side, but I don't think there is much room for a watermaker there.

I've been considering mounting the membrane unit from our rainman in the lazerette. If I do it, I will add a through hull there.

I know you can run a hose, but it just seems to me that if you are starting from scratch, the shorter the hose run the better.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote