Originally Posted by Hawkshaw1
I have a few questions about my Mainship 390 (2001).
1. The boat has a pump mounted just outside the rear door under the hatch. It pulls water from a seacock that's just beside the seacock that provides cooling water for the generator. The other end of this pump is connected to translucent water pipe. I thought it might go to the head or the HVAC but it doesn't. I can't figure out what it's for.
2. I have a fresh water leak at the fittings to the transom shower pump. Is there a way to get into that area or a trick to repair it? It's a big drip ever second and it winds up in the bilge beneath the engine. The fresh water pumps turns on for a second about every 5 minutes. Maybe pull the port side fresh water tank?
3. Where are the pumps that turn on when the front or rear HVAC is energized? The units I have are Marine Air. The boat has a separate circuit breaker for an AC Pump but it only comes on when the unit turns on and starts to cool.
4. Has anyone pulled and repaired the main engine heat exchanger? I have the CAT 3126 and I loose a little coolant every 10 hours or so. It's no in the oil (thank goodness) so i assume it's passing into the heat exchanger.
5. One of the 120 VAC breakers (port side) on the main panel is label accessory. It's the last one at the bottom of the panel. Anyone know what it powers or how to figure that out? Seems like MS should have labeled it.
I get aggravated with all the systems and the little issues and then we take it out for a little cruise and I happy to have it.
Thanks to anyone who can help me with these.
The AC Pump is on the bulkhead on the starboard side of the engine compartment right above the trough hull,(as Don Mentioned) it then delivers to the forward and Main salon AC Units. IT DOES NOT SELF PRIME. and should only come on when the Unit is heating or cooling.
The fan defaults to run all the time although is a setting that can be changed.
(if you need manuals let me know and I will send you the complete manuals for the 390, including wiring and plumbing schematics.
Pump in Lazarette behind Patio door is an add on, the only wash down is from the Fresh Water Tank (Boat was built in salt water) a PO has added, Might do that myself, to relive the Fresh water tank as we are on the great lakes, and drives me crazy using fresh water to clean the anchor. Accessory on Panel is indeed for expansion.
Cooling leaking not sure I would contact a mechanic over my pay grade. I had it leaking from the Hose clamp on the overflow. and easy fix.