Mainship 36DC in South Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CmdrDick

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ailyn
Vessel Make
Mainship 36DC
I've had this cruiser/boat/yacht for several years. Bought her after she went aground in CT. Complete rebuild props forward plus two new 383 small blocks.
Dunked it last fall. 36 knots at full power and empty. I thought this was going to be far more size than I needed, until spending some time with wife and dogs.
I'll drop a photo here when I figure out how.
Commitments only let me get away about 6 weeks a year. Work harder now than when I had a Boeing 747 strapped under me. But I'm closing in on real retirement. It looks like Crystal River, FL will be our home port.
I came here by way of searching on "Admirals Launch". There's a 34 coming available and I thought I might take a shot at it for something to do later.
Ex Navy, 671, 3 cyl genset and very clean. Might be a fun toy.

CmdrDick

Welcome CmdrDick. An Admiral's launch would indeed be a worthwhile project! I purchased our current boat in Crystal river and have spent a month there for the last two seasons. Love the place. Pete's Pier has 'character' :)

Pete's Pier at Crystal River

Dimer2: We just launched our 19 fisherman from Pete's Pier a couple of months back and fished for Snappers in the river. Got enough for a nice dinner. It was too rough for a 20 mile run out to the trash pile so we just hung around the inlet and picked up a few Sea Bass.
Today I'm stuck in Phoenix tending my business. I'll get back that way in the fall.
Have a great summer.

CmdrDick

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom