Mainship 350 1999 back sliding door lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainshiptom

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Naphy III
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
I have owned this boat now since 2018 (May) and brought her from Amsterdam
Holland.

I have never locked her since I am always around so not bothered, now I am told by my kids to lock her up!

So there is a missing cylinder in the door (Adams Rite he87) managed to order one online! success but it looks like its missing a small linkage to transfer motion (circular to up and down motion) to transfer the turn key into opening action.

Can any one help in sourcing that part?

thanks in advance

Tom

I have the same year and model. If you can find the entire mechanism, I'd be interested.

Sounds like the piece you need is the “tailpiece“. I expect any locksmith shop would have lots of different ones laying around. Generally need two tiny screws to hold the tailpiece on. Generally come with the lock cylinder.

Yes but

Sounds like the piece you need is the “tailpiece“. I expect any locksmith shop would have lots of different ones laying around. Generally need two tiny screws to hold the tailpiece on. Generally come with the lock cylinder.

Yes agree with your comment the only issue is that the cylinder will be too long and costly around 60 USD where you can get the whole lock including the cylinder for a little more

but thanks for your comment which would of helped if we could not get the whole new outfit

thanks again

Tom

Now to the next job ?

The runners for doors can we still get those?

or do i just grease them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom