Mainship 34 models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am beginning to consider a Pilot 34. How noisy are they up on plane?

After adding Soundown to the underside of the engine cover and lots of sound absorbent material elsewhere in the boat, I can tell you that a 30 with a 315 HP Yanmar is plenty noisy. I added Sena motorcycle intercom units to two shooter's ear muffs which makes longer runs endurable and also lets the wife do all her cell phoning via bluetooth to the Senna without my having to slow down so she can hear the other person. At 3000 RPM and 16+ MPH burning about 8.7 GPH, you need to talk loudly without benefit of the intercom. Down at 17-1800 RPM pushing along down in the water, it is OK for conversation but still probably 15-20 decibels louder than the lower helm on my Grand Banks 42 at 1600 RPM on both Ford Lehman 120s.

12kts is our sweet spot for still being able to have a conversation. As a bonus fuel burn is around 5gph. Didn't buy a trawler to go fast anyway. If I want to do that I go on my friends 34 SeaRay and let him blow $200 in fuel on a 90min cruise.

I would prefer a flybridge as it is much quieter but wife can't do ladder or steep stairs so pilot it is

12kts is our sweet spot for still being able to have a conversation. As a bonus fuel burn is around 5gph. Didn't buy a trawler to go fast anyway. If I want to do that I go on my friends 34 SeaRay and let him blow $200 in fuel on a 90min cruise.

I would prefer a flybridge as it is much quieter but wife can't do ladder or steep stairs so pilot it is

Boat names may tell the story here. I bought this boat and named it in a way that reflects my desire to no longer be bound to "hull" speeds. I go everywhere at 3000 RPM. :):):):):) No lollygagging here.:whistling:

Ha get there before me and save me a spot!

Ha get there before me and save me a spot!

That would work with cocktails on your boat. :)

However, our forthcoming delivery from Norfolk to the north Gulf coast will be in an 8-knot boat, so come on down and be the "advance boat."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom