Mainship 30 Pilot II head seacock 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello All,
I was wondering if someone would help me locate the head seacock on my Mainship 30 Pilot II 2004. I have looked and had suggestions, but have not found it. I know where the tank is and the valves for the tank and macerater discharge....but that seems too far from the head for seacock to be situated to provide water to the head? Any help?

Craig

Craig
A couple sources that might help...

There is a Pilot 34 Manual in the TF Library that can be downloaded - it may/may not be similar I can't confirm.

Here is a link to a Charter Pilot 30 that might help
http://www.anacortesyachtcharters.com/boats/Machias Charter Manual.pdf

It does include "The TOILET THRU-HULL is located under the companionway step if you need to shut off the water to the
toilet. Clean the toilet as necessary"

I believe some of the 34P's had a Vac-U-Flush that used fresh water vs sea water. Again I don't know the specifics.

Hope that helps
If you do find a 30P Manual please consider posting it to the TF Library for others to access.

Also - please confirm what you eventually find out here

Hi Don
I had seen that and thought it meant at the front of engine compartment..just realized the step lifted up and yes it was there! Thanks for having me check again! Success!!
Craig

Hi Don
I had seen that and thought it meant at the front of engine compartment..just realized the step lifted up and yes it was there! Thanks for having me check again! Success!!
Craig
Craig
Glad it helped. I know little about the MS Pilots but Google is your friend and it surprises me frequently what a little sleuthing turns up.
Lots of current & prior MS owners here on TF that can be of help
Welcome aboard

My 2005 30 P II has no through hull for the head as such. The toilet is a Vacuflush which evacuates through sanitation hose to and through the vacuum generator and into the waste tank. From the tank there are two ways out, through the macerator out the macerator's through hull or up to the deck pump out fitting.

My 2005 30 P II has no through hull for the head as such. The toilet is a Vacuflush which evacuates through sanitation hose to and through the vacuum generator and into the waste tank. From the tank there are two ways out, through the macerator out the macerator's through hull or up to the deck pump out fitting.
Rich
Thanks for confirming that. I thought MS used V-U-F and used fresh water on some. No idea why they switched or if it was an option?
I hope at least they put it in an accessible location for maint.

Rich
Thanks for confirming that. I thought MS used V-U-F and used fresh water on some. No idea why they switched or if it was an option?
I hope at least they put it in an accessible location for maint.

I had to laugh when I read "accessible location for maint." There is no place in a MS 30 Pilot II for that phrase. The vacuum generator for the VF head could not have been put in a less accessible location way over on the stbd side of the cockpit under the deck mold. Here is my 10" by 20" solution.

Attachments

• DSC00641.jpg
    DSC00641.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
i had to laugh when i read "accessible location for maint." there is no place in a ms 30 pilot ii for that phrase. The vacuum generator for the vf head could not have been put in a less accessible location way over on the stbd side of the cockpit under the deck mold. Here is my 10" by 20" solution.

amen!!:d

Back
Top Bottom