How Do I Remove Radar Dome for Transport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammy999

I have a 2007 34' Mainship Pilot Hardtop where I have to remove the radar dome for transport. I haven't removed the top half of the dome yet but it looks like there are 4 bolts at the base. Do these bolts have nuts under the hardtop? Thought I would ask before I try and remove the headliner. I just read through the thread on replacing the headliner which provided a lot of great info. Thanks!!

I used to have a 2003 Pilot 34 and had to remove the radar dome a few times to ship.

First look just behind the front windshield and you will see a roughly 6x6" square access hatch. That is where the cable comed down. There should be crimp connectors that you cut and splice back in when you reinstall. To resinstall just follow the wire colors. Then unscrew the screws holding the dome in place. There are embedded nuts that stay in place. Tape over the hole where the cable drops through and the screw holes with duct tape to keep water out.

Can't help you with the shower leak.

Davd

The signal and power connection are inside the Raymarine radar on my 2006 P34. Take the top cover off. Inside there is a metal cover over the connections - once removed the power can be disconnected (2 pairs of power cables are used due to the high current required by the unit). And the connector for the signal cable can also be disconnected. Cutting the wires is not advised.

Norlund
2006 P34 Hardtop

I have a 2007 34' Mainship Pilot Hardtop where I have to remove the radar dome for transport. I haven't removed the top half of the dome yet but it looks like there are 4 bolts at the base. Do these bolts have nuts under the hardtop? Thought I would ask before I try and remove the headliner. I just read through the thread on replacing the headliner which provided a lot of great info. Thanks!!

The fastening of the radar dome is designed by the radar manufacturer, so is not likely to be known by other Mainship owners.
Try disclosing the brand of the Radar in your search for another owner.

I removed a dome from the roof of my Motorhome, Once the dome cover was removed, by undoing obvious attachments, the method of attachment to the roof was also obvious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom