Old 01-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #1

City: Green Cove Springs
Galvanic Isolator on a 390

Both my galvanic isolators have failed on my 2001 390. I only have 7 inches wide space where they ate mounted. Any suggestions on what to replace the 2 30 amp isolators? One 60 amp ok? This is why we are tripping the new power poles in some marinas( Marineland, Georgetown SC and Ft Pierce so I have been told. Both isolators have been checked and are not working. Want to be ABYC complient.

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine
Cslewis225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. I replaced 2 30s with one 60.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:20 AM   #3
Guru

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslewis225 View Post
Both my galvanic isolators have failed on my 2001 390. I only have 7 inches wide space where they ate mounted. Any suggestions on what to replace the 2 30 amp isolators? One 60 amp ok? This is why we are tripping the new power poles in some marinas( Marineland, Georgetown SC and Ft Pierce so I have been told. Both isolators have been checked and are not working. Want to be ABYC complient.

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine
If your isolators have indeed failed, the tripping of the "new power poles" is being caused by your boat's wiring not the absence of a working isolater. Or, if yours are the older models of Prosine isolators, these will cause the marina power pedestals to trip their breakers.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:31 AM   #4
STB
Guru

City: Gulf coast
My ProSafe manual shows this use...2x30A supply into 1x60A galvanic isolator. Link to manual:
-- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0h...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslewis225 View Post

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine
STB is offline   Reply With Quote