Finally installed a drawer type fridge in my MS34T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sseltzer

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
New Adventure
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34 Trawler
After spending way too much time looking for a replacement fridge to fit my '06 MS34T ..... I chose the Isotherm 130 INOX.

I had to cut the opening 3/4" on the height (in order to keep the rubber feet intact) and 1-1/4" on the width.

Amazing how much more we can fit into the fridge and the freezer.

Steve

Attachments

• fridge opening.jpg
    fridge opening.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
  • fridge installed.jpg
    fridge installed.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 41
Looks very nice. Were you able to fit in high and low ventilation? I’ll bet you love the new refer.

I have that same fridge on my flybridge.

Wonderful unit!!! have had it several years.

The only thing to be aware of is that it need to be defrosted once a year or so.

Ice builds up to a point where you cannot open the little freezer section, and the whole thing becomes inefficient due to ice build up.

Looks very nice. Were you able to fit in high and low ventilation? I’ll bet you love the new refer.

Thanks Comodave. Yep, two 4" holes on each side.

That looks great. I best not let my wife see this or I will have a new project.

Don

Hi Steve, I almost purchased your boat two years ago. The seller in Marina del Ray didn’t accept our offer. I believe I have the engine survey and the boat survey if you’d like copies. We ended up purchasing a MS34T in Alameda California near San Francisco in July 2019. I’ve done a lot of modifications since that time and now it’s time to upgrade the galley refrigerator. I would like to install the Isotherm 130. I was hoping I could give you a call or you could give me a call to ask you about some cabinet frame and ventilation modifications. I see the two holes on the sink side however I don’t see the other two holes that you had to drill for ventilation.

I also sent you a personal message with my email and phone number.

Thank you in advance for reading my message.
Mike and Penny Nelson

Thanks for sharing. We just installed the same fridge in our 2005 MS34 and I wouldn't have been confident enough to even purchase it had you not shared your experience.

This is an old thread so not sure how many are viewing it.
One learning I've had with my 08 MS 34HT with the drawer fridge is that the ventilation is rather poor. Very tight cabinetry with only vent slots under the sink.

Vitiligo has an option for a fan that blows across the condenser coil but don't install it on all units (which IMO they should just go ahead)

These 12V computer cooling fans are not all that expensive and It was not all that difficult to install. The brackets by the coil are already drilled for the fan mounting holes and the wiring is such that you can wire the fan to run only when the compressor runs. Access to work is very tight after the fridge is in the galley... much easier to do before installing the fridge and backside access no problem

Last edited:
I was also concerned about the ventilation. I added a vent and think it should work fine. I can't even notice any warm air coming out.

Attachments

• 20230929_162908.jpg
    20230929_162908.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230930_142526.jpg
    20230930_142526.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 10
I have never felt the heat coming out of the vent either. If it is working correctly then it won’t be hot enough to tell, but the refer will notice the difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom