Electrical Issue - 2001 Pilot 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LakeErieWX

We recently purchased a 2001 Pilot 34 and are having a curious electrical issue. While on shore power, the outlets and microwave are not working. All of the other AC circuits are okay.

I removed the electrical panel and tested the connections with a multimeter.The input side of each circuit breaker is powered with a jumper from the output side of the primary AC breaker with the exception of the outlets and microwave. Instead of being connected to the output of the AC breaker, the input wire disappears toward the bilge with a number of other wires. A check with the multimeter shows no current flowing along the wire.

Is there a separate panel or breaker that feeds this pair of circuits? Can anyone explain why it is wired in this fashion?

Thanks,
Mark

Welcome aboard TF and to the Mainship.
Not all that familiar with the Pilots but will guess you have an inverter that powers those items from the house batty.
Many inverters have a pass through feature that allows shore power to feed those circuits when available and uses batty power when 120V not connected.
Check inverter nake, model and manual for more info. It may be a setting, inverter breaker that has tripped? Or PO may have decided OK to power those only via the inverter?

Welcome aboard TF and to the Mainship.
Not all that familiar with the Pilots but will guess you have an inverter that powers those items from the house batty.
Many inverters have a pass through feature that allows shore power to feed those circuits when available and uses batty power when 120V not connected.
Check inverter nake, model and manual for more info. It may be a setting, inverter breaker that has tripped? Or PO may have decided OK to power those only via the inverter?

I am in agreement here. It’s possible that the inverter is turned off or there is a circuit breaker close to the inverter that needs resetting. If the inverter is on, try cycling it.

Thanks everyone, it seems a simple issue with the inverter is the likely culprit. I turned the inverter on at the AC panel, but did not check the status of the inverter on the remote panel. It seems so clear in hindsight. :)

ditto on inverter. These are exactly the items that people would put on the inverter. While the Stove/Oven, water heater and battery charger would NOT go on the invertor.

Thanks everyone for the troubleshooting. I stopped by the boat on Tuesday and made sure the inverter was on and operating. All is well with the outlets and microwave.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom