Dripper Guard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Retriever

Vessel Name
Bay Retriever
Vessel Make
2004 Mainship 400
I’m having my 2004 Mainship 400 repainted. Thought it might be a good idea to add Dripper Guard Stain Guards to the 5 or 6 Thru Hulls. Any idea what size I should buy?
Small size fits up to 1 7/8”
Large size fits 1 7/8” to 2 5/8”

Also would like opinions on whether to buy the Dipper Guard or Dripper Guard Pro.

Here is the link:

https://dripperguard.com/

Thanks again!

T MACDONNELL
2004 Mainship 400
Bay Retriever

I never saw those before, I like the idea. I'd be getting the standard and sticking them on, I don't think we'd have easy access to the back side of the skin fittings. I'm assuming you would need to be able to remove the hose from the inside and unscrew the backing nut to install the Pro model.

hi,

we've used one for years on our pdq powercat's generator exhaust which is straight out of the hull. prior to the dripper guard we'd have the dramatic black "soot" line where the exhaust water drained. after dripper guard dramatically less. if i had to estimate, i'd say a 90-95% improvement. i can't comment on regular vs pro.

one thing i will warn you about is getting a buffer/polisher too close. they will rip it off.

Have you had issues with drip stain on the hull? I've not had any issues here on my smaller 30 Pilot II (did not on my Grand Banks either) and will not be applying these things.

Have you had issues with drip stain on the hull? I've not had any issues here on my smaller 30 Pilot II (did not on my Grand Banks either) and will not be applying these things.

LOL. Weak flow. Maybe more fiber or perhaps a dose or two of “flow max” would help??

I have a couple of thru hulls that do stain the hull. I would order some of these now if I could get to the thru hulls to measure them. It will have to wait until we haul out next time.

hi,

if you're trying to lessen any drip stain, you want the dripper guard to butt right up to thruhull flange. the 3m sticky dense foam will seal well.

I’m having my 2004 Mainship 400 repainted. Thought it might be a good idea to add Dripper Guard Stain Guards to the 5 or 6 Thru Hulls. Any idea what size I should buy?
Small size fits up to 1 7/8”
Large size fits 1 7/8” to 2 5/8”

Also would like opinions on whether to buy the Dipper Guard or Dripper Guard Pro.

Here is the link:

https://dripperguard.com/

Thanks again!

T MACDONNELL
2004 Mainship 400
Bay Retriever
I installed them (the stick on version) work well untill a fender gets in the way.great product

I had a constant battle with staining of my hull, especially the moustache at the bow, but also staining from stainless attachment points on the transom, where my davits attach. I have no thru hulls above the boot stripe, which is painted. The AHA moment came when I realized that gelcoat of more than a few years old stains, paint doesn't, especially good, shiny, new paint.

Since you are getting your hull painted, you will not have stains. For what reason, then, would you install those things?

Here's another way to keep stains at bay..

Made from Crystal Clear Gorilla tape.
Cut off about 4". Double back an inch+.
Roll it around your finger to clear and insert up to the double.
Press it into place. Trim the nose to make a nice spout.

They last 2 or 3 seasons on my boat, can bump into them.
Cost next to nothing.
Last pic is before trimming.

Attachments

• 20220531_143604.jpg
    20220531_143604.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220531_143330.jpg
    20220531_143330.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220531_143739.jpg
    20220531_143739.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Here's another way to keep stains at bay..

Made from Crystal Clear Gorilla tape.
Cut off about 4". Double back an inch+.
Roll it around your finger to clear and insert up to the double.
Press it into place. Trim the nose to make a nice spout.

They last 2 or 3 seasons on my boat, can bump into them.
Cost next to nothing.
Last pic is before trimming.

I like that. Just ordered some of the tape.

Back
Top Bottom