Old 06-19-2022, 09:26 AM   #61

City: Annapolis
I just purchased a 34 and am going to have it shipped from Michigan to Maryland, who did you use for shipping and who derigged the boat for you? I was told just the radar dome/anchor light and the spot light which lines up with your note. Thanks!
BMUR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:08 AM   #62
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new boat.
Old 06-19-2022, 11:24 AM   #63
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
Brian just sent me a PM and I responded as below for others who may have the same questions:

Hi Brian:

I used Triton Yachts in Oriental, NC because that was the shipping point. I worked with Paul the then owner and gave him a two month window to find a back haul that would make the price better. He did and I paid about $3,000 as I recall from Oriental to Essex, Ct.

I doubt if he could do the same thing for your haul and Paul has since retired anyway.

I am a DIY kind of guy and disconnected the radar and spot light myself. Paul said he needed the clearance without it. It wasn't hard assuming yours is a hardtop like mine. All of the wiring connections are inside the hatch over the helm seats. Just label them carefully and if you have basic wire crimping skills you can do it. Removing the radar and spot light was simply a matter of unscrewing the bolts holding them in place from the top.

I originally bought the boat used also in Connecticut as it turned out and since I wasn't going to be there when it was hauled (Triton shipped it down to Oriental for me) I had the Ct yard to it for me. That and winterizing (it was early December) was an atrocious price, about equal to the haul.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 11:48 AM   #64
Guru

City: Stratford, CT
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 355
Michigan to Maryland is also doable by water if you have the time. Would make a great maiden voyage!