Old 05-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #1

City: Lemont
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE
Vessel Model: Mainship 34 Pilot
Concept "0" factory installed windlass

I have a Concept"0" windlass. This windlass is a bit small for this application (Mainship 34 Pilot) but it has not been used much and has always been used in freshwater 2002 Pilot. I removed the windlass to inspect it when I moved the contractor to a better location and also wired a remote control to operate the windlass. When I took the Gypsy off to clean the cone clutches I noticed one of the line tensioner pins was damaged and the top polymer bearing was missing from the top of the windlass. I called Lewmar and asked where I could locate parts for this obsolete windlass? They said no where!!

Doesanyone know where I could locate new or used parts for this. It works great and if I can get a few more years out of it I will. Does anyone have this windlass sitting around after replacing it? I just need a couple of parts. It doesn't need to be a functional windlass.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3138.jpg  
Mainship 34 Pilot 2002 twin 4LHA STP Yanmar
BB-marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:32 AM   #2
Guru

City: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-marine View Post
I have a Concept"0" windlass. This windlass is a bit small for this application (Mainship 34 Pilot) but it has not been used much and has always been used in freshwater 2002 Pilot. I removed the windlass to inspect it when I moved the contractor to a better location and also wired a remote control to operate the windlass. When I took the Gypsy off to clean the cone clutches I noticed one of the line tensioner pins was damaged and the top polymer bearing was missing from the top of the windlass. I called Lewmar and asked where I could locate parts for this obsolete windlass? They said no where!!

Doesanyone know where I could locate new or used parts for this. It works great and if I can get a few more years out of it I will. Does anyone have this windlass sitting around after replacing it? I just need a couple of parts. It doesn't need to be a functional windlass.
Can those parts be fabricated? That sounds possible from your description.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:46 AM   #3

City: Lemont
Vessel Name: PORT-A-GEE
Vessel Model: Mainship 34 Pilot
It is possible to make the pin out of 1/8 Diameter SS rod but the polymer bearing may be costly to have one made. I was hoping to find a old Concept "0" windlass that that was removed to be used for parts. One sitting in someones garage!
Mainship 34 Pilot 2002 twin 4LHA STP Yanmar
BB-marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #4
Guru

City: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-marine View Post
It is possible to make the pin out of 1/8 Diameter SS rod but the polymer bearing may be costly to have one made. I was hoping to find a old Concept "0" windlass that that was removed to be used for parts. One sitting in someones garage!
If you can do some simple measuring of the bearing there may be a standard size
replacement available from industrial suppliers. The pin may be off-the-shelf, too.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Do you have any friends that have some machine shop tools? I had a friend that used to make me parts out of Starboard. He had a metal lathe and a milling machine. Unfortunately he has since moved out of state because he was a great resource.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote