Concept "0" factory installed windlass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB-marine

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
PORT-A-GEE
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Pilot
I have a Concept"0" windlass. This windlass is a bit small for this application (Mainship 34 Pilot) but it has not been used much and has always been used in freshwater 2002 Pilot. I removed the windlass to inspect it when I moved the contractor to a better location and also wired a remote control to operate the windlass. When I took the Gypsy off to clean the cone clutches I noticed one of the line tensioner pins was damaged and the top polymer bearing was missing from the top of the windlass. I called Lewmar and asked where I could locate parts for this obsolete windlass? They said no where!!

Doesanyone know where I could locate new or used parts for this. It works great and if I can get a few more years out of it I will. Does anyone have this windlass sitting around after replacing it? I just need a couple of parts. It doesn't need to be a functional windlass.

Attachments

• IMG_3138.jpg
    IMG_3138.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 11
I have a Concept"0" windlass. This windlass is a bit small for this application (Mainship 34 Pilot) but it has not been used much and has always been used in freshwater 2002 Pilot. I removed the windlass to inspect it when I moved the contractor to a better location and also wired a remote control to operate the windlass. When I took the Gypsy off to clean the cone clutches I noticed one of the line tensioner pins was damaged and the top polymer bearing was missing from the top of the windlass. I called Lewmar and asked where I could locate parts for this obsolete windlass? They said no where!!

Doesanyone know where I could locate new or used parts for this. It works great and if I can get a few more years out of it I will. Does anyone have this windlass sitting around after replacing it? I just need a couple of parts. It doesn't need to be a functional windlass.

Can those parts be fabricated? That sounds possible from your description.

It is possible to make the pin out of 1/8 Diameter SS rod but the polymer bearing may be costly to have one made. I was hoping to find a old Concept "0" windlass that that was removed to be used for parts. One sitting in someones garage!

It is possible to make the pin out of 1/8 Diameter SS rod but the polymer bearing may be costly to have one made. I was hoping to find a old Concept "0" windlass that that was removed to be used for parts. One sitting in someones garage!

If you can do some simple measuring of the bearing there may be a standard size
replacement available from industrial suppliers. The pin may be off-the-shelf, too.

Do you have any friends that have some machine shop tools? I had a friend that used to make me parts out of Starboard. He had a metal lathe and a milling machine. Unfortunately he has since moved out of state because he was a great resource.

Back
Top Bottom