Old 08-31-2021, 06:40 PM   #321
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
SIGH
I'll admit it my AT is a total failure when it comes to providing a football size area for solar panels. I only have room for 2X130watt panels.
Then my AT is a total failure for only allowing space for 3x4D house batteries.
Then another failure, lack of space for the 3 way oven. I hobble along on my 2000watt turn table microwave.
There my electric oven thermostat seems to have a mind of its own. I am forced to set it at a lower temp to achieve the desired results.
And my 12vt NovaKool aint the greatest fridge in the world. If I want ice cubes, I am forced to actually use ice trays.
Then there is the combination washer/dryer.... wrinkled clothes. Hey what do you expect on a boat. I do have an iron. A towel and a folded sheet, I have a nice ironing board on the saloon table.
And then there is the lack of space for a walk-in closet.

Even with all these really terrible failures, you know what? My AT is still a fantastic boat, engineered very well, great woodwork and I like it A LOT!!!

So many NY or Calif loft apartments wish they had all this space. Another added feature of my boat, if I dont like the view or if I get nasty neighbors, I can move the boat without packing everything in boxes. Let's see a NY or a Calif loft owner do that. LOL