Air draft Mainship 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilbertpark

Vessel Name
Let's Go
Vessel Make
Mitchell 28
I am thinking of buying a Mainship 34 Trawler to use in Europe. Part of this use will be on the French Canals where there is a height restriction of 3.5metres (11 feet 4 inches). The only information I can find on this boat is the height with the mast up. It is usual to take the mast, bimini etc down to go through the canals on just about all boats, if necessary modifying the mast in the process. I wonder if anyone has measured the height from the waterline to the top of the flying bridge or if someone would be kind enough to do this for me? I am thinking of buying a 2009 boat.

Finally, has anyone any experience of this type of cruising and if so any tips about the engine or the like.

Appreciate any help

Gilbert

My 2005 400's mast drops down super easy, it lays back onto the FB rail. I can get it up or down in less than a minute. That drops the air draft down to about 16 feet, but a lot of that is the bimini. I'd say less than 12 feet without the bimini.

Not sure about the 34, it maybe lower. If it is a post 2004 boat I bet it has the same mast set up.

Back
Top Bottom