Accessory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carter1272

Vessel Name
Uriel Fremont
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Trawler
On my Mainship 34T, both the AC and DC panels have a switch for "Accessory," but I can't figure out what that is for. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

On my Mainship 34T, both the AC and DC panels have a switch for "Accessory," but I can't figure out what that is for. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

On my Mainship I had two Accessory switches on the DC strip under the helm. There were no wires connected to them. I have since found uses for them and wired them accordingly. Have you checked to see if these switches have wiring connected?

Most likely for future expansion. As said above check for wires on them. I have permanent labels made to put over the accessory label to indicate what the switch is used for now.

On Our 390 also they are for future expansion. Mine are now full

Same here, on our model Mainship they were originally open/empty, for future expansion. Now they operate the underwater transom lights which the previous owner added. Oddly, on our model I also have a trim tab rocker switch but it doesn't go to anything. Our boat doesn't have trim tabs (and even with the 454's I'm not going to be pulling water skiers anytime soon so I don't think they'd be much use anyway). I remember during the sea trial we kept pressing the switch to see what they did for the feel or the angle of ride at high throttle. Couldn't feel any difference at all so I thought they maybe didn't work. Well they sure didn't -- because the boat didn't have trim tabs! I guess Mainship liked to cover future upgrades.

Same here, on our model Mainship they were originally open/empty, for future expansion. Now they operate the underwater transom lights which the previous owner added. Oddly, on our model I also have a trim tab rocker switch but it doesn't go to anything. Our boat doesn't have trim tabs (and even with the 454's I'm not going to be pulling water skiers anytime soon so I don't think they'd be much use anyway). I remember during the sea trial we kept pressing the switch to see what they did for the feel or the angle of ride at high throttle. Couldn't feel any difference at all so I thought they maybe didn't work. Well they sure didn't -- because the boat didn't have trim tabs! I guess Mainship liked to cover future upgrades.

I would say someone has removed them we have Trim tabs on our 390. They are however useless

Well, I don't think ours ever did have trim tabs, I don't think they were removed. No trace of them at all, on the transom or any wiring anywhere. If they were removed somebody did an awfully good fiberglass job filling the screw or bolt holes on the transom. I have the cruiser model (37 MY) not the trawler style, but even so, you're right, they're useless either way. We love the boat and it goes more than fast enough for us, but I'd have to install a nuclear reactor in the engine bay to get the bow to rise so high I needed trim tabs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom