Access to Mainship 34T Bill of Materials & Part Info for Other MS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
Fellow Mainshipers

For owners of late model Mainship 34Trawlers I have spent some time and believe I have a scheme to allow sharing of the searchable MS Bill of Materials document and the related parts info & photos.

If interested see the attached file for instructions…

I will also upload this to the TF Library Section but it may take some time to get it approved & listed - having instructions here and Library should help with awareness and access

For other models as well as Hunter & Luhrs see post #3

For access manuals applicable to my '08 34HT and some other MS years / models here is the link to my Bacchus Website.

Bacchus
See Maint & Parts Section - Manuals

Manuals include:
  • MS '08 34 HT
  • Johnson Pump (Raw water)
  • Kohler Gen Service & Parts *
  • Yanmar 6LY Service *
  • ZF Trans Service & Parts *

* Note: Also available for download from TF Library

UPDATE 6/2020:
We now have a source for the frequently requested engine rm vent.
MS Part photo #1008814 is now available from Boatloverssurplus.com the retail arm of Premium Marine - the OEM supplier to MS.

These are used on the 34T & 40T and similar ones used on the 43T and 395's

Contact Info Dick Bramer Sales@boatloverssurplus.com
321-877-1994

For info on OEM canvas see post # 13

For a DIY solution see this thread and the handy work by Todd R
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59026

UPDATE DEC 2021:
TF Member sickatea has posted an alternate source for a frequently requested part - the Swim Ladder on late model 34T/HT's as well as some other MS Models. Thanks

Michael Clarke, President
Butler Marine Products, LLC

308 Lincoln Street, Duryea, PA 18642
(570) 451-1222
888-859-0022 Toll Free
www.butlermarine.com

The tilt out trash bin on late model year 34T/HTs has come up as a desired replacement item. The item is a Rubbermaid model model 280500.
Dimensions are:
Top 13" X 9"
Depth / height 15"
Bottom 10" X 6- 1/2"

View attachment 138208View attachment 138209View attachment 138210

Attachments

• MS BOM - Parts Pics.pdf
    273.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 1008814 Vent Grill.jpg
    1008814 Vent Grill.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Ladder.jpg
    Ladder.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Good Job! Pics of parts with P/N and Vendor info!

Part Photos for Other MS Models + Luhrs & Hunter

For anyone with a MS model other than 34T...
I have added the complete file(s) of part photos for other MS's to my website and provided links below.
Note: The files include parts used on Luhrs power boats and Hunter sailboats prior to the buy-out by Marlow yachts.
Unfortunately I no longer have access to other BOM's so searching for a part # is not possible but owners are welcome to scan the photos to try to find similar looking parts as a starting point.

If anyone has previously downloaded another MS BOM I'd encourage posting them in the TF Library section.
If anyone wants to send them to me feel free and I will also add them to the part links on the Bacchus website.

Photo File Part #s < 1010999

Photo File Part #'s > 1011000

[EDITS] I will try to catch worthwhile threads re MS Parts and insert links here for ease of access to MS owners

2002 MS Pilot 34 Hatch info
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s11/mainship-pilot-34-hatch-replacement-49482.html

Pilot 34 Companionway Door Bearings
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s11/pilot-34-companionway-door-bearings-59154.html

2006 MS 400 PortLights & Gaskets
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s11/bomar-passage-series-portlights-61184.html

1999 MS 350 Sliding Door Lock
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62813

MS Headliner track source and tips

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s32/headliner-track-manship-34-pilot-63343.html#post1094163
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s11/replacing-headiner-mainship-400-a-56424.html

Last edited:
Can't open Dropbox file

Hi Don,
I can't open the Dropbox files of the MS parts that you have on your blog.
Can you check? It's a great potential resource.
Thanks.
Mac Ernest

First I would like to say that Mainship owners owe you gratitude for all the work you put into the information you put out. So much information.

I am writing you for a second reason. I have a 2003
Mainship Pilot 34 and the problem I am having is trying to find the rubber molding that goes around the windows. Over a period of time some of mine has shrunk with a couple inches of open space in the molding. It seems like with each year the Mainship Pilot came out they change the style of the gasket. I have tried to do as much research but have not come up with what I need.
Has anyone contacted you with the same request?
I would deeply appreciate any information you may be able to provide.
Thank You
Edward Dale
Edward_dale@hotmail.com

Edward
I don't have any info re the window gaskets.
I appreciate the acknowledgement for the info posted.
I would encourage any & all MS owners to contact Marlow Yachts and make a request for them to reinstate the website they have removed. There is a lot more info that was available there that could be beneficial to MS owners.

There was a website with many many useful links, pdfs etc for MS boats that Marlow Mainship apparently left up for a few yrs but decided to
Pull it all down losing a lot of useful info to prior MS owners.
My suspicion is they had no interest in supporting prior MS owners and just deleted it all. I think IMO it's a lost cause at this point and they have little / no interest in prior MS owners. Won't respond to any emails etc. If you want to buy a new mega yacht they will talk to you.

If they would just make the Info available I think we could find a way to make it available online but I've given up!?!?

Last edited:
Maybe the internet “way back” machine could help?

MS Canvas and Soft Goods Source

We had our bimini replaced in 2019 by Don Gioia himself and I learned a lot about the history of who, what, when and where for the canvas and other soft goods on the Mainships, Silvertons, Hunters, Luhrs, etc.

Gioia made the OEM canvas and vinyl upholstery for most of those boats when the boats were made in NJ. When Mainship moved production to St. Augustine, another local shop replaced Gioia. But in the early 2000's, I believe, Gioia bought the St. Augustine shop and started production again, that is, until Mainship shut down.

The Florida shop, now owned by Gioia, did have the pattern for my 2004 MS400, but it was a paper pattern, not in good shape. Don came to my boat in Maryland and measured everything and made an excellent bimini with side curtains and also re-upholstered the helm seat. All top-notch work. He did it over the winter and knocked 10% off the price. They also installed it, however on my old Silverton, I bought the top and side curtains (they had the computer patterns) and installed it myself in about 1/2 hour.

All I had to do is put up the top and then install the "lift-a-dot" fasteners to mate up with the existing posts that were on the boat. A simple DIY job for anybody with basic skills and the ability to reach the spots.

Bottom line is there's a good chance Gioia made the original top and also a fair chance that they have the patterns someplace. I would contact them and ask for Don or Dawn at 732-901-6770.

Fellow Mainshipers

For owners of late model Mainship 34Trawlers I have spent some time and believe I have a scheme to allow sharing of the searchable MS Bill of Materials document and the related parts info & photos.

If interested see the attached file for instructions…

I will also upload this to the TF Library Section but it may take some time to get it approved & listed - having instructions here and Library should help with awareness and access

For other models as well as Hunter & Luhrs see post #3

For access manuals applicable to my '08 34HT and some other MS years / models here is the link to my Bacchus Website.

Bacchus
See Maint & Parts Section - Manuals

Manuals include:
  • MS '08 34 HT
  • Johnson Pump (Raw water)
  • Kohler Gen Service & Parts *
  • Yanmar 6LY Service *
  • ZF Trans Service & Parts *

* Note: Also available for download from TF Library

UPDATE 6/2020:
We now have a source for the frequently requested engine rm vent.
MS Part photo #1008814 is now available from Boatloverssurplus.com the retail arm of Premium Marine - the OEM supplier to MS.

These are used on the 34T & 40T and similar ones used on the 43T and 395's

Contact Info Dick Bramer Sales@boatloverssurplus.com
321-877-1994

For info on OEM canvas see post # 13

For a DIY solution see this thread and the handy work by Todd R
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59026
Just had a vent box made up and the construction and fit were perfect. Thanks again Dick.

Thanks Hawk... MS owners are finding creative sources and sharing here on TF us helpful

Back
Top Bottom