34 pilot strainer gaskets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeping Bear

Veteran Member
I have a 2003 34 pilot I need a cover gasket for, can't find any numbers on anything, I wish Perco was better at identifying their stuff, any one know the part munber for the gasket?

It looks pretty easy, I googled Perko strainer replacement parts. Perko.com came up and when I clicked on it it had a while list of different strainers and each had a gasket replacement kit with part number listed. It was a whole page of good info on spare and replacement parts.

Am away from the boat, but what I know is this: There is no part number on the cap, and what looks like a part number on the main casting doesn't match anything Perco has on their part page.

Also a very helpful hint on their parts page that says " older strainers order the cork gasket, newer strainers order the rubber gasket" without any more clarification.

Just shoot me

I doubt it's a Perko Strainer. Mainship was mostly using strainers from Marine Hardware in those days.
Perko marks their strainers very clearly

Look here:

Welcome to Marine Hardware

Attachments

• perko 493.jpg
    perko 493.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 92
My Pilot 34 has Marine Hardware brand sea strainers on the engines, generatore and A/C. Here is a link to MH strainers, check and see if this is what you have. This vendor has spares available.

Brett

Edit, Keysdisease beat me to the punch.

Our 2003 430 Mainship has Perko 493 series strainers.

Strainer

Thanks for the replies, the strainer looks like the pic from KEYSDISEASE, which is a Perco, the pics from Marine Hardware show a different style.

I am thinking it is a Perco 493. as there are some numbers similar to that that I thought said 498-9 but they were very hard to read, so if I look at Perco site I think it has 2 in inlet, outlet, but wonder if it is the rubber or cork gasket.

PERKO's 493-9 would indicate 2" inlet and outlet. You would order the neoprene gasket set. The cork gaskets were used well before the years for Pilot production.

https://www.perko.com/catalog/underwater_hardware/103/intake_water_strainer/

And, PerKo does mark their products very clearly, much better than many other manufacturers. You obviously found the part number and size. Even the inlet and outlet are clearly marked as well as the manufacturer

I should know...…. :socool:

outlet, but wonder if it is the rubber or cork gasket.

Attachments

• perko 493 (2).jpg
    perko 493 (2).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 88
Keysdisease is right on.
Mine and many MS are Marine Hdwre but MS also used other mfg throughout the years.
From the link in the Sticky at top of the Marlow - Mainship section here is the part photo & Mfg info for the 2" Perko
Only downside to the photo list is it's not searchable but with a little patience and set the photos to large it's not too hard to scan through them to find what you are looking for.

Attachments

• 1005304 Perko 2 in strainer.jpeg
    1005304 Perko 2 in strainer.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks all, talked to Perco today, cleared up what it is, ordered the gasket set.

Perco was quite surprised that mainship used a 493 rather than a 500 series which would be more suited to diesel for some reason.

Rod

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom