34 pilot ht gps replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duetto

Vessel Name
GEM
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 34
hi all,

we have a 2003 34 pilot ht with the original raystar 120 mushroom gps antennae mounted on the threaded tube at the end of the port spreader on the cabin top mast. the gps has recently begun to have problems and i'd like to replace it with a digital yachts nema 0183 antennae. we have the standard rl70c chartplotter and radar. i have done this exact conversion on our other boat.

my question is: has anyone done this antennae replacement either on a pilot ht or a similar mount setup? if so, were you able to use the original seatalk wire as a snake for the new replacement cable. my plan is to splice the new cable to the old seatlk cable using digital yachts seatalk-nema converter mounted in the access port in our ceiling.

thanks in advance

Yes, I replaced my antenna, radar and displays and used the access ports in the HT of my 34’. I can’t remember if I used the old wire to pull the new wire or used the old wire to pull a string through but either way it’s the same concept. The channels are not the widest and the port side to centerline is definitely easier than center to starboard. Going from the top of the starboard ceiling to the base of the HT corner post I used an electrical snake and ran a string. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom