Old 04-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Norfolk
Vessel Name: FOADIAC
Vessel Model: Mainship 34' Pilot
34' Pilot Helm Station Canvas Cover

Hi...replacing my entire canvas enclosure which revealed a dilemma relating to exposing the helm station to the elements for 3 weeks. Has anyone manufactured a canvas helm station cover? Could you post or send me some pics. Thanks.

Mike
FOADIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #2

City: Cape Coral
Vessel Name: Tonic
Vessel Model: 2007 Mainship Pilot Sedan 34
We have a hardtop Pilot 34, but when I had some canvas work done, I added a helm station cover. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it is pretty straightforward. It attaches with snaps to the forward facing slope of the helm area behind the tinted sunscreen, drapes over the dash, and snaps below the switches. Our`s covers the throttles, and has a snap there as well. Because it is on a hardtop, the snaps are kept to a minimum. The canvas is pleated to conform to the sunscreen and then is basically flat.
Tonic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
I had this made for my Pilot 30 II hardtop when I had to leave it out in the sun for a year and a half after Hurricane Michael destroyed my shed and boatlift. There was no pattern made as the canvas guy's shop is right around the corner from me. He just went back and forth fitting a sewing. I replaced the existing screws securing the Plexiglass visor of the console with male snaps, and he inserted the female snaps into the fabric to match. Even though the boat is now back under the shed in its lift, I leave the cover in place and just roll it up without unsnapping it when underway.
Attached Thumbnails
Aug 2020.jpg   DSC02337.jpg  
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote