34' Mainship prop size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reelplan

I have a 2005 34' Mainship trawler with a single diesel Yanmar. It has a cavitation problem with the 4 blade prop. I have heard Mainship went to a 5 blade prop to solve the problem. Does anyone know the size of the recommended 5 blade prop.
Thanks

Before you spend several thousand dollars on a five blade prop make sure your original prop is balanced and does not have any dings. Also make sure your shaft zinc is tight and not terribly worn. Any of these issues could sound like cavitation.

I have a 2009 Mainship 34T single yanmar and it has a 4 blade....no cavitation issues. Oak's advice to check all things out first is the way I'd go. When we checked our prop at first haul out after purchase we found each blade has its own angle and some "pinkish" corrosion/etc. Had it tuned and kept as spare and bought a new Nibral 4 blade.

We also have no problem w our 4 blade prop on an'08 MS 34HT w single Yan.
I had a goid prop shop check balance & cup when we bought the boat all was well and runs smooth.

Does anyone know what size prop came as original on 1984 Mainship 34 withperkins turbo and I believe 2:10 transmission
Just bought the boast but it smokes past 1800 rpm .... I think too much pitch.

Back
Top Bottom