30 Pilot II water in the belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holty

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
2003 30' Pilot II 6LPA
I am finding water collecting in the belly of my 2003 30 Pilot II. During the season my forward bilge pump indicator light comes on briefly while on plane. Stays on for a few seconds and goes off. The pump is under the cabin step down. The PO or builder installed a 2" access hole inside the base of the cabin table pedestal. Yesterday I pumped out almost 10 gallons of fresh water from this belly. At rest, this is the lowest point on the hull so I understand why water collects there. I can not see any bulkhead drainage hole under the step down which is the furthest forward access point. Maybe a clog in a drainage hole?? Any other pilot owners have this problem?

thanks Holty

A common source of leakage on Mainships and others for that matter is the rub-rail hull / deck joint.
My Bacchus website - Projects area includes more info & details.
My 34HT had more open ER area that I could identify areas where it was coming in but I ended up removing. / repairing nearly all of the rub- rail length.
Some treat it by cleaning & caulking the upper joint of rub-rail deck. That works but is more of a short term fix IMO. It is an effective way to eliminate that source to confirm whether that is the source or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom