2023 Mainship Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gdavid

Guru
Vessel Name
Graceland
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK1
The 2023 Chesapeake Maninship Rendezvous will be
held on July 14-16, 2023 at Herrington Harbour South
Marina in Deale, MD.
Reservations open for the marina on 1 /4/23 and the
marina can fill by mid January for certain weekends.
Book early and mention you are with Chesapeake
Mainship to secure our group location on the "B" dock
or channel pier with Dockwa or call 410-741-5100.
Please use the google form below to sign up for the
weekend and receive updates on the event. [https://
forms.gle/jXGVxmkNFaoLFsZD8](https://forms.gle/
jXGVxmkNFaoLFsZD8)
For more about Herrington Harbour South, view the
below video. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=XCQn36H18lg&t=13s](YouTube
watch?v=XCQn36H18Ig&t=13s)

Please note: I am not the organizer of this event, it is at my home port and I am looking to help spread the word, help a little bit. I believe this post is compliant with the trawlerforum rules but my apologies if I have made an error in sharing links.

Attachments

• 322986392_1293832888136367_2394610435517642951_n.jpg
    322986392_1293832888136367_2394610435517642951_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 30
We have participated in the last couple of Chesapeake Bay Mainship Renezvous and they are well attended and a lot of fun. We're planning on attending.

Norm Render
2000 Mainship 390
"Witch of November"

This is one of the things on our bucket list that we never got to check off. From the start of our ownership, we followed the rendezvous that Mainship owners put together. It just seemed that our 34 was never ready to go. Well, it didn't just seem that way, that was the case...several summers our 34 was in the boatyard with the entire flybridge removed, the decks removed or the engine bay devoid of anything mechanical! By the time we got it in shape to attend, we sold it!
I think it would've been so much fun to visit with other owners and compare boats. I know my wife Liz would've loved it! There's a comoradary amongst Mainship owners that isn't available with a lot of other brands. I'm certainly not trying to put down other rendezvous but I would guess a Selene, Helmsman, Nordhavn et al. get-together is comprised of all factory stock yachts where the owners talk about what they had their marina do to their boat. I can imagine a Mainship rendezvous consisting of boats in all conditions and most interesting to me, the modifications the owners have made & come up with.
I'll never forget the conversation I was having on the VHF while heading back north on the Neuse River last year with a fellow in a well maintained but rugged down easter style boat. We had both taken time off from our careers to bring the boats back home from a winter in a warmer climate. Referring to his and our boats (we were in our Albin, not the Mainship, but still clearly not a shiny marina queen), he said that they were a "working mans" boat. I liked that.

This is one of the things on our bucket list that we never got to check off. From the start of our ownership, we followed the rendezvous that Mainship owners put together. It just seemed that our 34 was never ready to go. Well, it didn't just seem that way, that was the case...several summers our 34 was in the boatyard with the entire flybridge removed, the decks removed or the engine bay devoid of anything mechanical! By the time we got it in shape to attend, we sold it!
I think it would've been so much fun to visit with other owners and compare boats. I know my wife Liz would've loved it! There's a comoradary amongst Mainship owners that isn't available with a lot of other brands. I'm certainly not trying to put down other rendezvous but I would guess a Selene, Helmsman, Nordhavn et al. get-together is comprised of all factory stock yachts where the owners talk about what they had their marina do to their boat. I can imagine a Mainship rendezvous consisting of boats in all conditions and most interesting to me, the modifications the owners have made & come up with.
I'll never forget the conversation I was having on the VHF while heading back north on the Neuse River last year with a fellow in a well maintained but rugged down easter style boat. We had both taken time off from our careers to bring the boats back home from a winter in a warmer climate. Referring to his and our boats (we were in our Albin, not the Mainship, but still clearly not a shiny marina queen), he said that they were a "working mans" boat. I liked that.

Shawn,

I hope we cross paths at some point, I appreciate you outlook and experiences in keeping these humble older boats alive. I have a limited perspective but concur that Mainship owners do seem to be a particularly approachable community, not to say that others are not, but the brand was aimed at conception to be affordable cruisers. They certainly aren't without fault, but they did a pretty good job of providing pretty good value.

Hopefully we will get a good turnout and owners booking reservations early enough to get the B-dock transient area allocated to this group. B-dock is about 280' of usable space (including the T-end) so 6 boats would fill it up, while there are spaces elsewhere and everyone doesn't need to be together, it would improve the cohesiveness of the event if we can have most participants grouped together.

We were fortunate to be able to attend a couple of Mainship sponsored rendezvous, one in Newport, RI in 1993(or 94), and one n Essex, CT in 2000.
We also had many raft-ups in the long Island Sound area.
The picture below is from the largest we had. 24 Mainships in Sag Harbor, Long Island, NY. in 2005.
Wish we had a better camera back then.

Attitude Adjustment is the 7th boat from the right flying the Mainship corporate banner.

Attachments

• Raftup (3).jpg
    Raftup (3).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 36
We were fortunate to be able to attend a couple of Mainship sponsored rendezvous, one in Newport, RI in 1993(or 94), and one n Essex, CT in 2000.
We also had many raft-ups in the long Island Sound area.
The picture below is from the largest we had. 24 Mainships in Sag Harbor, Long Island, NY. in 2005.
Wish we had a better camera back then.

Attitude Adjustment is the 7th boat from the right flying the Mainship corporate banner.

Jay, I wish you would hurry up and buy your next boat, so that I'll know what our next one will be. I seem to be shadowing you regarding boat ownership!

9 boats now have their reservations, a nice size start.

Jay, I wish you would hurry up and buy your next boat, so that I'll know what our next one will be. I seem to be shadowing you regarding boat ownership!

LOL.
My current is a 17 foot Proline center console. My last.

Any other Mainshippers on the Chesapeake interested in joining us July 14-16th for the Rendezvous at Herrington Harbor South?

The 2023 Chesapeake Maninship Rendezvous will be
held on July 14-16, 2023 at Herrington Harbour South
Marina in Deale, MD.
Reservations open for the marina on 1 /4/23 and the
marina can fill by mid January for certain weekends.
Book early and mention you are with Chesapeake
Mainship to secure our group location on the "B" dock
or channel pier with Dockwa or call 410-741-5100.
Please use the google form below to sign up for the
weekend and receive updates on the event. [https://
forms.gle/jXGVxmkNFaoLFsZD8](https://forms.gle/
jXGVxmkNFaoLFsZD8)
For more about Herrington Harbour South, view the
below video. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=XCQn36H18lg&t=13s](YouTube
watch?v=XCQn36H18Ig&t=13s)

Please note: I am not the organizer of this event, it is at my home port and I am looking to help spread the word, help a little bit. I believe this post is compliant with the trawlerforum rules but my apologies if I have made an error in sharing links.
I’m attending and have reservation at HHS, but hav vb en unable to get each Chesapeake Mainship Group to regroup stet with them.

I’m attending and have reservation at HHS, but hav vb en unable to get each Chesapeake Mainship Group to regroup stet with them.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you looking to get into contact with the organizer?, She is setting up a group text. I'll message you her email and phone number.

We would have enjoy this but unfortunately not able to participate. Looking forward to the photos. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom