'2008 Mainship 34' Trawler wireway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunsetblues

Wireway access quandry between upper and lower decks. *It must be so that the column aft of house door is in fact the wireway for all upper helm cables. *But figureing out access seems beyond us!

Maybe try getting a hold of Mainship.* They're still in business and you boat is only 2 years old so should be in luck.* You may even (for a fee) get a set of construction drawings.

Good luck,

Larry/Lena
Hobo KK42
La Paz, BCS, MX

Hey LarryM, how come you used to be here in Queensland, and now are in Mexico.....?

Sunsetblues:* Under the Yahoo Groups there is a Mainship owners forum that may also help.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mainship/?v=1&t=directory&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=5

Peter B:* We left Mexico in 2000 on our sailboat and ended up in OZ from 2001-2003 cruising from the Gold Coast up to Darwin, then we kept going west.* When we came back to the States, we sold the sailboat and went over to the "Dark Side" in 2007.

OZ was great.* We actually got into Cricket and VB's (did the XXX brewer tour in Brisbane).* Now were back in MX getting ready to head down to Central American and the Canal this winter.

Larry

Sounds like a great life LarryM. Sometimes I wonder where I....oh never mind....too late now. Good luck with that. Oh....one thing....you left out one x - the beer....it's xxxx.

Peter B wrote:

*Oh....one thing....you left out one x - the beer....it's xxxx.
Peter,

Maybe he did it on purpose, trying to tell us something about some new beer he has found.
smile.gif

Larry M wrote:

Maybe try getting a hold of Mainship.* They're still in business and you boat is only 2 years old so should be in luck.* You may even (for a fee) get a set of construction drawings.

Good luck,

Larry/Lena
Hobo KK42
La Paz, BCS, MX

That would be my advice!!! *Mainship is still in business! *One of the advantages of owning a Mainship. *Sometimes it may take a little perseverance but keep calling them. *They will get back to you at some point.

Hello Larry,

It's been quite some time since posting our wireway quandry. Thank you for your response. Continued probing with assistence from our friends at local yard and we've managed to connect the 'dots'. Still not so convienient, but solved. Going on our first year, getting more familiarized. Had furnace and stern thurster installed. Doing lots of custom work which is what my partner and I do ourselves. .5 mile from condo we're on boat almost daily. Quite small oil leak form front seal of yanmar 380 hp with 110 hours now. Decided to pursue warranty on it. Expected to be two days for oil pan, spacer and front seal, is now a month running. The long established respected outfit here in Seattle's Lake Union area has been bogged down with continual pre-auth protocal between local distributor and yanmar but are continuing on their nickel as they continue to dismantal engine to properly do the reseal! Mainship has no salon floor hatches. To access internal 'hatch' involves lowering headliner in engine room and cutting around framed hatch to establish just where to cut salon floor. Certainly not what we bargained for at this time. Hangin' in there! *Stu and Jim M/V Sunset Blues *("08 34 Mainship trawler)

Anything you need to know about you*Mainship*34t*can be found by emailing Marshall Germany at

Marshall Germany

Luhrs/Mainship Parts Manager

904-827-2030

germany@luhrs.com

He is sometime a day or so slow on his returns but he is a wealth of knowledge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom