2006 Mainship 400 Single DC Wiring Schematic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
2006 Mainship 400 "Single Screw" DC Wiring Schematic?

Hello,

We are in the process of replacing our Xantrex Freedom 2k Inverter/Charger and in doing so I wanted to get a better understanding of the DC power feed and switching.

The start battery was easy but I traced the house battery lines and drew out a basic schematic and then tried to reference the section of the Mainship manual that came with the boat but it only seems to show schematics of the "Twin" model....it of course does not match our single Yanmar layout.

Anybody happen to have a true single engine Mainship 400 DC schematic or know where I can find one?

Notes from the attached picture-

The Battery switch on the main center Breaker Panel labeled "Engine" is not actually the engine switch. The far left switch is actually the Engine start battery On/Off switch.

The 2nd/Middle switch is the Stern Thruster On/Off and the last one is the Bow Thruster On/Off.

I was just trying to figure out exactly what the Battery switch on the main panel does...my gut says it feeds the main cabin DC CB Panel and it being a 1/2/All/Off configuration made sense...since our 2 house battery positive leads go into the panel...(it also looks like maybe it feeds the inverter charger somehow)

Hence why a factory schematic would be nice...the one pictured is the one provided with the boat...

Thank in advance..

Jeff

Attachments

• 20201002_213316.jpg
    20201002_213316.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201002_214838.jpg
    20201002_214838.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Stella Blue website is a wealth of info for several model Mainships and other pieces of equipment common to other boats.

If the battery switches are indeed labeled incorrectly then I would fix that asap. Could save a lot of confusion in the future.

Bacchus, I tried to open the Stella Blue site and it seems to have disappeared. Would you have a current link that might work? Thanks, Bill

Disclaimer: I have a 34 Pilot, not a 400.. That said, I have seen enough 10+ year old boats to know that many modifications have likely been made since new. Perhaps someone can comment on whether stern thruster was even a factory option on 400 in 2006? My point is, there is a reasonably good chance your boat will not match the Mainship schematic. In my opinion, you are on the right path tracing your wiring and building actual schematics. Good luck.

To me, it looks like you have a dedicated shutoff (ON/OFF) for the Engine, Bow, and Stern Thrusters. The isolation switch on the panel looks like it determines whether the panel is drawing from Bank1; Bank2; Both; or OFF.

The questions would be:

What is each of the (engine, B Thruster, S Thruster) drawing from??

Are they wired directly to the Start battery?

Are they drawing from the isolation switch on the panel?

Back
Top Bottom