2002 MS 34 Pilot .. water weeping at rear of Pilot house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffg47

I have noticed brownish water weeping at the rear base of the Pilot House where the side wall joins the desk at the very rear of the structure. I've rebed roof rails and don't believe water is getting in. There is a caulked joint along the cabin sides and wonder if rainwater is getting in somehow and traveling down the seam and exiting at the low point. Has anyonr dealt with this? Any strategies for locating the source of the problem?
Thanks,
Jeff
M/V Jubilant
Cape Cod MA

Picture would help, but brown water is water passing thru wood. I have seen water go 20' from where it entered. If your deck slopes, it could come from the front of the cabin, windows or ports, and so on. It usually takes a very close inspection of the cabin above the leak point. As a screw loosens over time, water can go down the threads. When I drive screws in wood or cored decks, I squirt epoxy in the pilot hole before driving.

Do you have glass windows? Take a hose and start rinsing sections of the area above and around the exit point. Do small areas at a time and wait awhile between areas. This may help you find the starting point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom