2001 430 aft cabin head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExSail

Veteran Member
Does anyone know how to access the aft head vacuflush location ?

Other then taking the entire aft cabin flooring up, I cannot figure out how to replace the head hoses, water lines, or even get to the vacuflush to change the duck bills.

Any help or even better, pics would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Our 430 has Jabsco macerator toilets, so I can't help. I will say that when I replaced all the waste hoses I had to cut two holes in the cabin floor.

Coopy, Can you send me pics of the exact location of the holes you had to cut please?

thank you

I'll be at the boat later this week and will post pictures then.

Access holes

ExSail, here are the pictures for the access holes I made in the aft cabin floor. The first one is at the head of the bed. This was needed to replace the pumpout hose to the deck fitting. The hose goes through a stringer, turns 90 deg. and goes through a rib, and then turns upward to the fitting. You can get to the bottom of the fitting through the engine vent. It measures about 8 x 12 inches.
The second one is at the foot of the bed just to the left of the door to the head. This is for the hose from the toilet to the tank. The hose comes from the tank through the aft bulkhead, turns 90 deg., goes through a stringer, turns 90 deg., goes through a rib, and then turns through a stringer and to the toilet. It measures 10 x 24 inches. It doesn't have to go that far forward, but I installed a Whale Gulper IC pump there to replace the stinky Rule shower sump box. I cut all the holes with a Dremel oscillating saw. The floor is 3/4 inch plywood. I had a drawing showing exact dimensions but of course I can't find it. My Winter project is replacing the carpet. Let me know if you need it or any other information.

Attachments

• access hole 1.jpg
    access hole 1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6
  • access hole 2.jpg
    access hole 2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
ExSail, I should have asked you where the vacuum pump and tank for the Vacuflush is located.

Hi Porman,

Thanks for the pics, Unfortunately, I do not exactly know where the vacuum flush is. I can hear it near the aft hanging locker by the aft door, but have not pulled the locker apart yet. I will let you know how that goes, ( when I can find the time to get it done) lol

It probably is around the aft closet. There is plenty of room there. I put several parts of my hydronic heating system in there. A hint on taking apart the closet. Start with the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom