2001 390- Galvanic isolater location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Howdy,

Land survey passed for my almost mine 2001 Mainship 390. The surveyor mentioned he thought the isolaters were not fail-safe.

I kind of know what that means, lol…but I’m trying to find the things. This boat has bow and stern shore power options. Any ideas where Mainship hid them?

Thanks

On my 2003 Pilot 34 it was behind the inside power panel. Unscrew it from the cabin paneling and pull it out as far as the wring will let it go, than look inside and to the side. That is where mine was.

David

On my 2003 Pilot 34 it was behind the inside power panel. Unscrew it from the cabin paneling and pull it out as far as the wring will let it go, than look inside and to the side. That is where mine was.

David

Thanks! I’ll check that out when I’m back there.

On a boat of that age they probably are not self indicating. Contact me if you need one.

On the 30 Pilot II, they hid it behind the paneling under the galley sink. It was easier to just install the new one by locating the green safety wire behind the power panel where it exits toward the shore power plug. I cut it there and installed the new GI there.

On the 400, there is an isolation transformer outboard of the hanging locker in the guest cabin. Hope this helps, FWIW.

Skip
Tampa

On my 2001 390 it was accessed by removing the electrical panel (why that didn’t have a hinge is beyond me :banghead:) it was located inside and just aft of the panel opening.

Back
Top Bottom