2000, Mainship 390 Trawler new owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Delta Time III
Vessel Make
Mainship 390 Trawler
Looking forward to reading postings about Mainship 390 Trawlers. We purchased a 2000, Mainship 390 Trawler on June 6, 2023.
Please advise where I can find a copy of the Operating and Service Manual for a Mainship 390 Trawler.
Thank you, Dave

Greetings Dave, glad you were able to find the right boat for you. Someone here most likely has what you seek. Check the Mainship forum here as well as the Facebook group for Mainship. Good Luck and Welcome.

There is a mainship owners forum, both here at T.F. and under its own title on the web.

pete

I don’t have the Mainship Owners Manual but can help out with any of the systems onboard service / operating manuals. If you let me know the make / model of the equipment I’m pretty sure I can get it for you.

Service Manuals would be tied to each individual component.

Fridge: Nova Kool
Generator: Kohler? Northern Lights?
Engine: Yanmar? Cat?
Stove/Oven: Princess
Gearset: ZF Hurth

Don't be surprised if you find the manual supplied with your Mainship to be lacking in detailed information. There are many configurations of the MS390 and it's earlier version the MS350, single engine (multiple engine types), twin engine (multiple engine types), with/without a generator, different electronics and add ons by previous owners. I am still trying to figure out where a particular thru hull hose goes lol! My manual shows configuration for twin engine installation and I have a single Cat. Good luck and welcome to the MS group.

Looking forward to reading postings about Mainship 390 Trawlers. We purchased a 2000, Mainship 390 Trawler on June 6, 2023.
Please advise where I can find a copy of the Operating and Service Manual for a Mainship 390 Trawler.
Thank you, Dave
I posted the complete manual and Bachus put a sticky to it I think it is the 1st or 2nd post in the mainship section

Thank you, Dave
2nd post on link 1st post is the member that actually bought our boat, and the second third & fourth post was my reply

Thank you, Dave

Where do you keep Delta Time in the Delta? We keep Cold Duck in Discovery Bay. Have another friend with an MS390 on Brannon Island at Willow Berm. I saw his and wife said "we gotta get one of those" LOL.

Dave, Give me your email address and Ill send you a digital copy. Very Helpful

We have finished the Loop and subsequently traversed north and south on the ICW in our 2000 MS 390 for a couple of years now.

All my upgrades and many of my "projects" with various systems are documented on our blog: https://shellerina.com/

The SEARCH tool there works well, so start by looking up "stuff" you need to know, of course email me if you have specific questions or need additional embellishment.

Ours is a single screw (CAT 3126) with bow thruster. We have propane instead of electric for the 3-buner stove which is uncommon.

We have added 800w of PV solar + 540ah of LiFePO4 storage. 3 galley upgrades have made life easier for the admiral and I.

Our home grown dinghy davit is also an interesting contraption that is worth looking up. 3 or more posts exist on that.

We continue to make investments in this boat as one we plan to keep for many years. When we bought her we thought she was "something special" but as we began Loop-ing, we ran into MS 350-390s in most every port!!! They replicate like rabbits. Congratulations on a good choice!

Ours is a single screw (CAT 3126) with bow thruster. We have propane instead of electric for the 3-buner stove which is uncommon.

We have the same configuration, 3126 and Propane stove. Wife would have made me change to propane anyway so that saved one project LOL:dance:

Don't be surprised if you find the manual supplied with your Mainship to be lacking in detailed information. There are many configurations of the MS390 and it's earlier version the MS350, single engine (multiple engine types), twin engine (multiple engine types), with/without a generator, different electronics and add ons by previous owners. I am still trying to figure out where a particular thru hull hose goes lol! My manual shows configuration for twin engine installation and I have a single Cat. Good luck and welcome to the MS group.

I have a 2000 model with the same engine. Which thru-hull are you curious about?

Hawk

Sorry to hijack; congratulations on the boat. I have all of the manuals that came with mine if you need something specific reach out to me.

I have a 2000 model with the same engine. Which thru-hull are you curious about?

Hawk

Sorry to hijack; congratulations on the boat. I have all of the manuals that came with mine if you need something specific reach out to me.

The seacock is located under the forward floorboard across from the head/shower just in front of the shower sump pump on the starboard side very close to the keel. It is a 1" raw water input that most likely is for the head but our head was installed with the feed water coming from the freshwater pressurized system. The hose goes up just in front of the shower/head bulkhead. I cannot find the other end of that hose, but it is very confined space behind the head. So best guess it is capped and not connected to anything but just there for a raw water feed for a head if needed. But since cannot find the other end of the hose, it's just a guess.

Close it and see if anything stops working. If not then it may indeed be capped.

The seacock is located under the forward floorboard across from the head/shower, just in front of the shower sump pump on the starboard side, very close to the keel. It is a 1" raw water input that most likely is for the head, but our head was installed with the feed water coming from the freshwater pressurized system. The hose goes up just in front of the shower/head bulkhead. I cannot find the other end of that hose, but it is a very confined space behind the head. So best guess it is capped and not connected to anything but just there for a raw water feed for a head if needed. But since cannot find the other end of the hose, it's just a guess.

Mine is the same. I am almost sure it goes to the head. The seacock in the engine room that feeds the head is different than the rest. I always assumed the previous owner installed the one in the engine room because he liked to beach the boat on sandbars in the Ohio River and the engine room seacock would still allow the head to work.
i have not visually confined that.

Hawk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom