1999 Mainship 350/390 acrylic flush deck hatches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAlyssa

Vessel Name
Heather Alyssa
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
Hello Trawler friends,

Everyone on this site is always so helpful, so I figured I would hit you up with another question. I have some pretty severe crazing on the acrylic of my deck hatches. From my research, I was able to ascertain that I have what is called "flush deck hatches". The hatch only consists of the acrylic and seal which has one actuator rod, and two latches. No frame. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Thank you.

Alex

If the hardware is still good, find a local acrylic shop and have them cut, finish the edges, and install the hardware. If you can't find one locally there are lots of places online that will cut to order.

Acrylic sheet works like wood, you can sand the edges to the finish profile you want, and drill what fastener holes you need as long as you're careful.

Taylor made the hatches for the early models, I, II and III, and I think Bomar supplied the later models, but I've never seen a frameless hatch on a Mainship

:socool:

The hatch only consists of the acrylic and seal which has one actuator rod, and two latches. No frame.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom