1998 Mainship 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtemp937

Vessel Make
Mainship 350
I recently purchased a 1998 mainship 350 single engine Cummins and the own manual isn't there. I was wondering if anybody new were I could purchase one, or maybe get a copy of the electrical diagram for that vessel. Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you

Welcome aboard. Maybe someone here has a PDF copy they can sent to you. Good luck with your new baby.

The owners manual for the boat or for the Cummins?

The boat owners manual wouldn't have any Cummins info. in it. You would require the Service Manual for the specific Cummins model you have. Those don't come with the boat and need to be purchased separately.

I'm not completely sure how helpful the boat manual is either. All the moving parts (pumps, AC, fridge, stove, etc) are 3rd party and each comes with its own manual.

The boat manual does address some wire routing, but a few hours, a six pack and a game of 'hide and seek' will yield most of that info. for you. Pick a system, open hatches and start following hoses, lines and cables.

I do encourage you to post any questions. I doubt there is anything you're dealing with that one of us hasn't dealt with before.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. There are NO dumb questions!

200w.webp

Get a VOM, test light, long jumper wires, pad of paper and pens/pencils and some method of marking the wires you "discover" the uses for. A helper (second pair of hands/eyes/ears) is an asset as well.

Welcome! The wiring on my 2003 390 Mainship is, IMHO, one of the best build quality features of the boat. Every wire is identified all along it's length as to it's intended use. Incredibly useful when opening a loom or following a circuit through a bulkhead. Hopefully you'll find the same in your 350.

Back
Top Bottom