1997 Mainship 350 hour meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jclays

Vessel Name
Freebird
Vessel Make
1997 Mainship 350
Have a 1997 350 both Tachs are sweep hand with a small digital hour meter in the lower portion of the tach.
The port tach is losing the digital display. Sometime I can barely read it. Other times it is not visible. This is happening to both the upper and lower helm stations. Just on the port tach.
Any Thoughts?

They will eventually fade out completely. While you can take pics when the LCD ones are clear and install analog Hobbs meters somewhere for both. That way you can prove engine hours with the pictures of the old digital meter and the new analog Hobbs meter.

This comes up a lot in used sales for us as a broker dealer.

What brand are the tachs? I replaced the VDO tachs with LCD hour meters in our boat last winter. Ones as old as yours probably have DIP switches to set them for the RPM part. The new ones were programmable and the directions were very difficult to understand. I just sent them to Lauderdale Speedo and the set the engine hours and programmed them for the pulse count of our engines. It cost about $65.

Took video of the gauges. I then got behind the dash. Light bulb device out of the the tach but next to it. Re-inserted into the tach turned on power to the engines. Bam the hour meter is again visible!

Back
Top Bottom