Who built my C-kip 30 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hunterlees

Vessel Name
Singapore Girl
Vessel Make
C-Kip 30
C-kips were built somewhere in the east for sale in the UK via Kip Marina in Scotland.
I cannot find any information online at all about who the builder was.
Any ideas?
Here is my C-kip 30 Singapore Girl which now lives in Northern Ireland….

Attachments

• 7EF45616-862D-41F3-81E3-84502893E5D9.jpg
    7EF45616-862D-41F3-81E3-84502893E5D9.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 23
C-kips were built somewhere in the east for sale in the UK via Kip Marina in Scotland.
I cannot find any information online at all about who the builder was.
Any ideas?
Here is my C-kip 30 Singapore Girl which now lives in Northern Ireland….
Hunterlees, the vessel looks exactly like the Chung Hwa boats that came to Australia as the Clipper 30. I had a Clipper 34, which was basically the same vessel but with slightly larger saloon, and a longer cockpit. (See below), so have researched this a bit. If so that means they were built in Taiwan in that era, and the moulds were sort of moved around through a number of Taiwanese builders. Eg, Chung Hwa, Tung Hwa, and a number of others, I think, possibly Ka-Shing..?

Attachments

• 77B4EAFD-90E1-4C63-B525-3A72FC4B4D8A_1_105_c.jpeg
    77B4EAFD-90E1-4C63-B525-3A72FC4B4D8A_1_105_c.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks for that. It does indeed look very much like the Chung Hwa Clipper 30/31, and an image search has thrown up some pretty identical boats.
Im guessing that the “C” in C-kip would tend to suggest that it was Chung Hwa who built her.

Last edited:
Hi Hunterlees. I can tell you everything you need to know about your boat. I owned it for over 20 years. email me on johnwfarmer@icloud.com and I'll answer all your questions, plus show you some photos! (tried to add a thumbnail, but this is my first post and can't find how to do it!)

Best,

John
PS: Good to see the old girl looking good!

Your hull ID number or other documentation might begin with letters that can be a clue as to the builder who finished the hull. My similar hull design is documented as built by Tung Hwa (now the builder of Fleming Yachts), although the hull I.D. number starts LHC, indicating that the Lien Hwa Corporation may have been involved somehow. While my hull might be identical to yours, your forward deck (sunk below the gunnel), the length of your cabin (longer), your port side helm door, etc., may have been the idea of a particular boat yard (or an international boat seller who ordered a custom change to be marketed under their brand name). Even as to just Tung Hwa 30s sold as Tung Hwa 30s, there can be fairly radical differences from boat to boat of the same vintage, making lineage a bit of a challenge.

Hi Hunterlles again, I found out how to upload an attachment of the old girl! Loved that boat.
I lived on it for three years in the early nineties, then bought a cottage on an island in the middle of the Thames and moored her on my riverside bank for over 15 years. Contact me on above email for answers to all your questions, best John

Attachments

• Singapore Girl.jpg
    Singapore Girl.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom