President 41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dgolding

Hello, I am a new member and am looking at purchasing a 1988 President 41 with twin 250 hp diesels.
I have read that there can be issues with these boats due to the manner in which some of the manufacturing was farmed out to various sub contractors
I am looking at having the boat surveyed and shipped out west where it can shipped across the border into San Carlos Mexico.
I would appreciate any and all comments on folks knowledge and experience with these boats as we saw one many years ago and they looked to be sturdy boats.
We will use the boat simply for short day trips and the occasional overnight.
Many thanks
Davis

I apologise that I can not contribute to knowledge of the President 41 but I have to ask, why do you need a 41' boat for, as you put it, short day trips and the occasional overnight. Seems like overkill to me but perhaps you have reasons you would be willing to share.

Hello, I am a new member and am looking at purchasing a 1988 President 41 with twin 250 hp diesels.
I have read that there can be issues with these boats due to the manner in which some of the manufacturing was farmed out to various sub contractors
I am looking at having the boat surveyed and shipped out west where it can shipped across the border into San Carlos Mexico.
I would appreciate any and all comments on folks knowledge and experience with these boats as we saw one many years ago and they looked to be sturdy boats.
We will use the boat simply for short day trips and the occasional overnight.
Many thanks
Davis
500 HP when t only needs 120?

We have 450 hp in our President 41. We like to cruise at 10 mph but wecan do more. Nothing wrong with having the power. We would sometimes boost the speed up to 14 mph when we needed to get somewhere before they closed such as a lock. You can always slow down but you can’t speed up if you don’t have the hp. Personal choice.

My 41' President has the Ford Lehman 120's. We cruise at the infamous 8 kts burning 3 GPH. We would love the ability to go faster, but we love the efficiency of the slow crawl.

I also own a 1984 model 41’ President with the Lehman 120’s. Love the boat and all 8 knots... Lots of storage and plenty of room for the wife and I. Not sure I’d like to have to many long term guest onboard, but couch surfers welcome!

I have a 1987 with twin Cummins 210. We are on a fresh water lake in the Pacific Northwest and absolutely love the power yet we cruise around 8-9 knots and burn 3.5 gals an hour. Easy maintenance and is perfect for a family of 5. You won’t be disappointed. Cheers.

What diesel engines are in the one in question?

PRESIDENT 41 Twin Volvo 135 Diesels

Hello, after losing out on a previous President 41 I am working towards purchasing a 1983 with twin 135 Volvo diesels.
Is anyone familiar with the fuel burn rate and cruising speed with these engines?
Any concerns as I am having the after coolers serviced and repaired as well as al hoses.
I am new to this so I would appreciate any advice.
Also, how does the boat handle in larger seas - 4-5 ft swells?
Many thanks
Davis Golding

Back
Top Bottom