MT 34 DC Single Engine - Engine Room Layout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raymond.goff

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Liberty 2
Vessel Make
DeFever 43
Hi All MT 34 Folks:

One drawback I am finding is the layout of the engine room. There were modifications done over time, which now makes it a little cramped. looking to see what others have in their layouts.

Mine:
My holding tank and batteries make it really hard to access aft end of ER. My waste is 36" L, 15 1/2" Wide and 15 1/2" tall.

I am thinking about getting a longer and thinner one, so i can make it to the rear of the engine. Thoughts?

Where do folks have starter and house batteries?

Ray

Attachments

• ER.png
    ER.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 246
Greetings,
Mr. r. Our MT (1974) was set up basically the same with the holding tank aft of and in line with the stb'd fuel tank and the battery bank more to the rear on the port side. IF your diagram is somewhat to scale it would seem you don't have room to put a holding tank in line with the fuel tank. We had the added fun of a 7.5kw Onan immediately in front of and in line with the "big red thing". Any room in your V-berth to relocate "stuff"?

There is a bow thruster, battery and holding tank in tnstaafl bow. My thought on holding was to narrow (say to 8") and taller to top of fuel tank (24").

My batteries are right in front of the engine. The forward head's holding tank is in front of the port fuel tank. The hot water tank and fresh water pump are are in front of the starboard tank. The aft head holding tank is outside the ER under the aft bunk.

There is a ton of room in my ER. I don't have a built-in generator or air conditioning.

I have two 175 gallon tanks that go whole length. My generator is in aft lazarette and AC under salon bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Greetings,
Mr. r. Rats. Forgot about the lazerette. Could you relocate either the batteries or the holding tank to the laz? Just trying to think a bit outside of the box, as it were...

Back
Top Bottom