Marine trader instrument wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. There may be wiring diagrams available BUT whether or not they might be of any help depends on how much previous "rocket scientists"... ahem, "improved" it. Might be best to bite the bullet and trace it yourself.

200.webp

Help, I need a wiring schematic for 44 MT. Instruments.

Don’t know your issue, but when we bought our 1988 CHB Present most engine instruments on upper and lower helms did not work correctly. Turns out the problem was the 11 pin connectors that connect the wire harness to the instrument cluster. Many pins were loose and/or corroded. Simply cut them out ( mark the wires!) and used buss bars to reconnect. Problems solved - all instruments work perfectly. Good luck.

Don’t know your issue, but when we bought our 1988 CHB Present most engine instruments on upper and lower helms did not work correctly. Turns out the problem was the 11 pin connectors that connect the wire harness to the instrument cluster. Many pins were loose and/or corroded. Simply cut them out ( mark the wires!) and used buss bars to reconnect. Problems solved - all instruments work perfectly. Good luck.

On ours, four screws held the instrument panel down - much easier to pull the panel and do the work ‘up top’, rather than working under the dash.

One of the first tasks performed just after purchasing my 1979 MT44 tri-cabin was to make a complete set of wiring diagrams. Spent many hours crawling through every nook and cranny. But it was so well worth the effort.

I also have an MT 44. I do have a schematic but it's as big as a poster so I can't scan it. Any ideas

My MT44 came with an old very large electrical schematic drawing. However after closer inspection it says C&L in one area and hand tracing of wires showed it does not come even close to how my boat was wired.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom