marine trader hand rail post . thru bolted ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timb

Guru
Vessel Name
true heading
Vessel Make
marine trader 38 dc
next week on my 38 trunk cabin I plan on starting rebedding on the fly bridge.
I was wandering if I will find the supports screwed in to the core or thru bolted. if thru bolted how would I get to the nut? also the stays for the mast that run out to the sides of the fly bridge .

I am trying to start at the top and work down fixing leaks .has anyone pulled down any headliners ? can it be done and put back without damage?

Greetings,
Mr. t. I've pulled down headliner BUT it was fairly new and not degraded or damaged like the small pieces underneath which I suspect were original. IF you're very careful, it can readily be done. Source a thin tip, wider blade screwdriver for prying out the old staples AND a good set of needle nose pliers for those half-out stubborn ones. Try not to stretch the existing liner if you're only removing part of it. Tape it up out of place if necessary. Of course, SS staples to re-fasten.

On second thought, I was dealing with vinyl headliner and our former MT had solid panels with vinyl glued on it so the technique will be different. IF removing a panel, support the center of it so it doesn't sag and put undo pressure on those last screws/nails you will be removing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom