Jefferson 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay folks, dropped my laptop and have iPad to work off of. Anyone want the 89 Jefferson Breaker panel and wiring schematics send me Pm with address and I can tell you how much it cost me to copy and laminate with tube and shipping.

This will be my last post. I have tried to reset my password but to no avail it only lets me in on a temp Password and does not allow me to change my password.

Reply’s

I was able to reset password

I am not ignoring anyone but I do not like trying to type a lot on this iPad. My fingers to big.

Anyway as soon as I get the new computer I will answer anyone that asked me about the schematics.

Thanks
Ron

Last edited:
Finally have a computer. So, lets get back to exchanging some knowledge and materials on our Jeffersons.

Hauling out Monday for lots of retrofit. Like to be back in water by end of July.

Good to hear you're back online. I'm still hoping for those blueprints and drawings. How's it looking?
Thanks

BTW, while you are out, check your high pressure diesel lines carefully. Here's a picture before I cleaned and painted but missed a pinhole in the line from the secondary filters to the injector pump behind the raw water pump. You can see it in the picts with a short blue oil filter (temp for visibility) behind bottom of the oil change pump. This atomized fuel spray when the engines ran that wasn't visible because it was behind the oil filter. This caused a continuous "diesel smell" problem. There was actually very little fuel leak in the drip tray. Of course it had to be the far side of the engine where only a midget could get to it!
Looking for the lines I had trouble finding them without a 3 month backlog. Diesel Parts Direct found only one that ended up costing me $100 (plus $300 in mechanic's time before I took over) and that wasn't a "drop in" replacement (had to change bends to fit). They have a special flat crimp "slip fit" or "bubble crimp" and black gasket. It looks like the tool cost ~$200 on ebay and I couldn't find a shop to do it. I would suggest buying the tool and spending $10 for the 3/8 tubing at Autozone and bending yourself it you have the skill as the best solution.

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_192332812[1].jpg
    IMG_20190613_192332812[1].jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM5361(1).jpg
    HPIM5361(1).jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 2019-06-02_11_08_=CAMERA-434111-WDLRN!2_[1].jpg
    2019-06-02_11_08_=CAMERA-434111-WDLRN!2_[1].jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Yes, I do have the schematics. Just need to know where to send them.

Could you resend please? Message says file transfer has expired. Thanks

Again, I ask for separate group for the Jefferson's. I have the documents (manuals)for the 42 Sundeck ready to load up.

Good idea to exchange all info.

Thanks Rondalw1,
Have you cracked the file size limitation's? When I have tried to upload to the Library, I keep getting rejected with file size too big. Hard to shrink scanned docs and still have detail readable.

I took mine to Kinkos and had them do it. I am sending you copies so you can take to them and have them scanned and downloaded.

Okay, finally back on the water. heading to Marco Island and Gulf in two weeks to play with all the upgrades.

Oh, I finally have all the Jefferson 42 material on a thumb drive. Sent one out already. Just would like the thumb drives back if you want a copy.

Thanks Ron, got it. Sending flash back. Added my files if you find any of interest.

Thanks flash arrived and your files are good addition to my collection.

Hello fellow Jeffersonians - signed the deal on "Journey" ('88 42) last Thursday, taking the Admiral up to measure the drapes this Thursday. Survey and Sea Trials next week. If all goes well, hope to get her home to Guntersville Lake before the first frost. Old girl is solid but needs a little TLC. Have already spotted some of the issues noted in your survey. DOC's are voluminous but haven't been thru everything. Happy to share anything not already posted. Be interesting to compare notes.

Welcome, to the family lol, your going to like her , they are great boat, solid construction and sea kindly,the big issues are the window in the aft state room and the 2 above the dinette/galley.
if you have the Perkins change the lube oil hoses even if they look good, the rubber inside get brittle due to the heat and should be change every 10 years, but they don't.
best way to wipeout an engine when all the oil goes in the bilge while your running.

I just purchased an 87 42 Sundeck last weekend. Will get pictures up later. Is there anyplace to purchase the porthole windows in the bow areas. One of the plastic windows is pretty banged up, i would like to replace it.

you would not happen to know the size of your ram for the steering system , I have the same boat, same year, mine has like 10 coat of paint on it

would anyone happen to know the size of the ram for the steering system , on a 1987 Jefferson sundeck 42

I'll look at mine in the morning.

What is the “ram” in the steering system

The "ram" is the hydraulic cylinder that moves the rudders.

Thank you. I had a 30’ cruiser with I/O. This is a whole new ballgame for me. Reading voraciously about these cats, drive shafts, new ways of thinking about diesels, 1 vs. 2 engines, etc. This is exciting!!

My new boat is 2 1/2 hours away. Might not get back ther for a month

I know what you mean. I "graduated" from a 12,000 lb 32 ft Chris Craft cruiser with twin 350's gas to this 30,000 lb Jeff with tons of wind loading and diesels to get smart on. It's definitely fun though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom