Old 05-13-2020, 06:58 AM   #1

City: Jonesport
Vessel Name: Princess of Tides
Vessel Model: Transpac Eagle Pilothouse
Eagle 32 Restoration

Thought I would share some pictures of our Eagle 32. Seems this one is the second one out of the mold. It is a true pilothouse with no flybridge. The shower stall is on the port side.
We bought the "Princess of Tides" late 2018 in South Carolina. The owners had the dream of doing the loop as most do I guess. They gave up the dream after realizing the amount of money needed to get her loop ready.
She sea trialed well and a deal was struck. After getting her to Maine in late 2018 wed the mechanical's gone through and corrected past owners quality work. Spring of 2019 we removed the old tattered interior and had a new one made locally. We started in the bow under the hatches and corrected and cleaned every inch. It was obvious she was a sit and drink on the dock boat for a few years. We removed the pilothouse windows for the correct ones and reinstalled the wipers. The head had household PVC piping which we replaced with a fresh water flush unit. We had Robert Kramp redo all the electronics which were marginal at best. All doors had to be rebuilt and refinished. The hull was machine buffed. The teak rails were stripped and varnished. The decks oiled.
What's left? Paint the bottom, rebuild the sea cocks and polish the fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
Eagle Lettering 2.jpg   Eagle Lettering1.jpg   Forward tinted windshield and wipers.jpg   Pilothouse seating 2019.jpg   Salongally 2019.jpg  

IMG_0344.jpg   forward berth 2019.jpg   Forward Head full size 2019.jpg   Pilothouse electronics 2019.jpg  
jayg48anglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:10 AM   #2
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Nicely done! What's next is get out and cruise!
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Cape May, NJ
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #3

Eagle 32

Being retired, we plan on some cruising waters that are new to us after being in Connecticut all our lives. Should be fun.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #4
Guru

City: Groton, CT
Vessel Name: Datenight
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg48anglia View Post
Being retired, we plan on some cruising waters that are new to us after being in Connecticut all our lives. Should be fun.
Jay,

I hope you make it back to Connecticut. We would welcome you, at least at 6' right now! Just wondering, when you had Kramp Electronics re do the nav gear did Steve do the work? He is my brother and does absolutly beautiful installations. Yes I am related but he does a fantastic job. When he re did the main panel on a previous boat it was the first thing I showed everyone.

Sorry to everyone else for such an obvious plug but the reputation of Kramp Electronics is stellar.

Rob
Old 05-13-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: Slo-Poke
Vessel Model: Jorgensen custom 44
Nicely done. She looks great.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #6

Thanks for the invite. LOL! No virus cases here in Washington County. Plenty of TP! We are about 7.5 hours from you by land. Jonesport is the Lobster Capital of the USA.
No, Robert did the work himself. Being in the machinery/control trade, Rob let me watch over his shoulder. Wasn't pretty what he found (lamp cord) but I can use this trawler without wondering what is behind the panels. While Kramp Electronics is pricey, you get what you pay for and we will use him again in a heartbeat.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #7
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Congratulations on a beautiful job of "freshening" a nice little boat. She looks GREAT!

Your thread hits upon a very common misconception about the Loop. Actually it may not be a misconception at all but simply an excuse not to untie and get out there.

Cost?? Sure it may cost some money to do the Loop. Might be a little, might be a lot. Pretty much just depends on how you do it. Marinas and expensive restaurants and other costly diversions versus anchoring out, simple home made meals and maybe bike rides or kayak rides for exploring. Big difference.

But the real "kicker" the previous owner used, "High cost to get the boat ready"? Pure B.S. It might not have been the prettiest or most well equipped boat on the Loop before you bought it but it was already ready for the Loop. You don't need fancy electronics, leak free windows, shiney wax jobs, custom upholstery or matching towels to do the Loop.

You hit the nail on the head. The previous owner just wanted to sit on the boat and drink or party, he never had any intention of doing the Loop. Which is also fine, the Loop isn't for everyone.

By the way, I LOVE the white vinyl. It looks so new and modern.

Great pictures.

pete
Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #8

Well said. During my 43 years of building and machinery maintenance I am a firm believer of preventive maintenance. Most folks repair as needed and it can bite you when you least expect it. Matching Towels? No monogrammed entry mats? LOL!
Be Well and cruise safe.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #9
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
I like it, and I am wondering what the big transducer under the bow drives?
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #10

Rich, I wish I can tell you it is the latest and greatest in electronic's on the Eagle. It is the lid for our well casing on the property. Have a great day.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #11
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Well, now I have planted the seed for a superduper bow-mounted, forward-looking, side-scanning sonar! All of which would be generally useless on the loop's usually shallow wawa.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #12
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Thats actually a "lift thruster" it can lift the bow of the boat about a foot for shallow water situations. They generally come in a matched pair, one for the stern which will also lift the boat about a foot.

Only problem is that they are real battery killers. You need about six 8D batteries for the front and the same for the stern. These extra batteries generally increase the boat draft by about 18 inches.

pete
Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #13

City: Swansea
Vessel Name: Seaview
Vessel Model: Sundowner 32
Your Tug looks great. I am about to close on a Sundowner 32 Tug so I love the look. I also have work to do but thats what makes it your own. What brand electronics did you go with I need a full replacement as well. Best of luck and I hope we cross paths sometime.
Unclematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #14

The radio is an Icom M-506-21 with AIS
The rest is Ray Marine. Aximon Pro 12 with Light House Coastal Charts
4kw 18 inch Color Radar
Ray Marine Auto Pilot.
All are networked together.